Wink Hub Died - I cant perform exclusion

Figures my luck I just opened up my hubitat and I am starting my migration from Wink.

I am trying to move GE zwave switches and I am reading I need to perform exclusion on the wink hub. My hub just stopped connecting and I cannot access it from my app.

If I unplug the wink hub can I stlil pair the devices with hubitat?

You can perform an exclusion with the hubitat hub instead. The exclusion just resets the device to accept pairing.

Steps:

• open 2 browser windows/tabs
  • open HE logs
  • in second tab open HE and navigate to settings-zwave-start zwave exclusion
  • flip back to other tab for logs
  • begin exclusion process on device
  • watch logs for Hub and device excluded
3 Likes

Thank you all good now!!!!

1 Like

New snag. Regular GE on/ff switches were added fine. But I cannot get the GE zwave dimmers to pair using the hubitat exclusion method.

The GE switches are a PIA. You sometimes have to do the exclusion process 2-3 times.

2 Likes

Two suggestions:

1. Run the Hubitat exclusion process again. While doing so, keep a log window open and confirm that the message "Unknown Z-Wave device excluded" shows up in the log.

2. What are the model numbers of these GE Z-wave dimmers? Are they z-wave or z-wave plus? The older z-wave dimmers did not support network wide inclusion. You may have to remove them from the wall and pair them close to your HE, or get a long ethernet cord and take your HE to the dimmers during pairing. In both instances after the dimmer and HE are in their original locations, you should run a Z-wave repair.

Dimmers especially and are very difficult to exclude. I usually set the dim to a very low setting manually prior to starting exclude so it gets to that point faster to let hub know it’s status so it will be excluded. I also sometimes have to take the dimmers very close to the hub to exclude too. I have a short cut extension cord for this purpose. But then make sure you pair in its final position for your mesh.

2 Likes

I had the saaaaame problem when I migrated. I followed this video. Perform the exclusion using the taps described in the video and watch your log for the generic exclusion message. then try to add them again. I had 10 of these that gave me trouble. After I found this, life got better.

1 Like

Turns out it was a distance issue. Moved the HE close to the switch, and detected right away. Working great now, and ran a zwave repair after moving HE back to final location.

1 Like