Windows rolls device - Shelly Qubino?

Hello,
I've on my windows rolls (not shutters). I bought Shelly Qubino Wave Shutter z-wave.
I'm not satisfied because:

• i can't see the status if the rolls are opened or closed
  • can't stop the closing/opening in random position

I only see that the device is active (on the dashboard) and can slide causing 100% close or 100% open.

Do I use wrong drivers?
How you control your rolls? Different device?

Please help. I need to implement another devices to another rolls but I'm not sure if I want to use this one...

Piotr

1 Like

Hi @PM_Disaster I have 6 of the Shelly Qubino rolls in my house and cannot make them work. Were you able to find any solution to your driver issue?

Also, how did you do to get them to pair with Hubitat?

Hello @bange

You must put that device into pairing mode like in the small manual added to the device and it can be added automatically via "Add device" in the device section - if you need detailed instructions how to go into pairing mode let me know.

After device is found you must change one setting --> Type:

You must find type "Qubino Dimmer Module"

Then it works but I can only operate it via Dashboard. Not directly from the Hubitat device section. Buttons there don't work.

Even thou I'm not satisfied like I wrote before:

• not possible to set random position like for instance 20% open only
  • can't see on the dashboard if the rolls are currently close or open

Anyway I live like this somehow :wink:
Still want to implement additional rolls but maybe other devices which will fully cooperate.
Or maybe someone can give us a clue --> maybe other drives should be loaded? Not the standard one?

Piotr

I got it working !!!
I used the "Qubino shutter Module" driver. Did a new calibration from the device page and was able to succefully open, close, set to a specific position and feedback on the shutter status (open, closed, partially open)

I was not able to add it to any dashboard yet. I have not done any dashboard so far and need to learn more on that. What Dashboard app are you using?

If in the US you could check out the Zooz ZEN53 if you need an alternate, I have a custom driver for it here: [DRIVER] Zooz ZEN53 DC Motor Controller (for shades)

For my device is not working. I can open and close but now partially open, no status.
What is strange is the position and level factor 254 but should be maximally 100% - correct?

Someone can supports?

@bange what about other four switches? Working?

... and one more remark: not working on Qubino Shutters. Only on Dimmer Module

@bange or anyone - help please

Did you run Configure and calibration from the "Qubino shutter Module" driver?

Also, what is the exact model # of the device and/or show the "Data" section from the bottom of the device page.

Hi,
You mean configuration and calibration on the module by the button or in Hubitat devices menu? I have no calibration button in Hubitat menu.

Should it be Dimmer Module or Sutter Module for the window rolls?

My settings and model are like this:

Thank you in advance for your support.

Piotr

Sorry not sure where they ran the calibration, just repeating what someone said up above,

Looks like you have a QNSH-001P10 Z-Wave JS Config DB Browser

The person up above said they used the Qubino Shutter Module driver/type and it works. So why are you not trying the same thing?

Because it’s not working after i change.
I’ll try the whole process starting from very beginning
Thank you

@bange did you do the calibration process by the S-button on the Module? Or via Hubitat?

Hi @PM_Disaster,
Sorry, I was out for a month and come with bad news, I am running the exact same set-up as you but run in the same issues.

only diff is I don't understand why you have a line firmware1version.

With this driver I am able to access these options, callibrate. It seems to initially work but the results are very inconsistent and it ends up not working at all.

My 5 shutters are right now set to this driver but I will have to experiment with other.
Any news in the meanwhile?

This device is a ■■■■. Not working with Hubitat.
Made hundreds of tests. After calibration it looks fine. Shows the position %. Shows the status if it's partially opened or not. But after several sequences of close/open it looses the status. Not working from dashboard. From hubitat device window I can only open it by button Open. Nothing else working. I can close it only by force calibration.
If anyone could support with some different drivers? ...
Loosing hope.
Wanted to buy next for another windows. Thanks God I didn't.

Any recommendation which device you guys use to manager your window rolls?

You could try my ZEN53 shade driver. It will complain it is an unknown device but it will still send and receive commands. You wont have any device settings displayed and the calibration wont work. If you calibrate it first then switch over it should be able to control it and send the correct commands.

[DRIVER] Zooz ZEN53 DC Motor Controller (for shades)

If still having issues you can enable debug logging on my driver and post some logs for review.

Thank you
I'll test it (maybe today) and let you know.
You do calibration with S-button on the device with those drivers or from Hubitat?

That driver only has calibration settings specific for the ZEN53 so you would have to calibrate it and adjust any settings directly with the device or another driver.

If the issue you are having is something with how the other driver is handling data from the device my driver might fix it (or could be adapted to fix it). If the problem is with the device itself not functioning correctly then my driver will probably not help.

Perfect! Works!

Steps:

• excluded device
  • reset it
  • included device
  • change drivers to ZEN53 and save device
  • calibrated with S-button on the device

Now works correctly from Hubitat and from Dashboard. Opening, closing, showing status if opened or closed or partially opened. Shows position.

The only issue is that I have opposite:
Close is Open ; Open is close
So on Dashboard pictogram is as well opposite.
But can live with that :wink: (or you have solution for that?)

Many thanks!

So if it is physically open, on the device page it shows level 0 and closed?
And if it is physically closed it shows open and level 100 on the device page?

That could be fixed with a small edit to the driver I think.

Exactly. This is how it’s working