Will Zigbee 3.0 be a noticable addition?

I have a few Zigbee 3.0 devices that none the less worked with my C7 (Innr bulbs) . I just migrated last night and haven't had much time to play with it yet. Will there be any noticeable difference or improvement in those devices with the new Zigbee 3.0 chip on the C8??

My take, and I’ve been wrong before, but don’t think you’ll see any real difference there, more of positioning the hub for where Matter, etc. goes.

2 Likes

I have no idea, but I was wondering if the 3.0 chip may offer increased capabilities with respect to more/enhanced device-driver options (in some cases, anyway?). But at least it feels more future-proofed overall.

All Zigbee devices that worked with C-7 should continue to work the same way with the C-8 new Zigbee 3.0 chip.

There were just a few Zigbee 3.0 devices that didn't work with the old C-7 chipset, I hope these will be working now... yet to be tested and confirmed.

4 Likes

The Sonoff S40lite works fine with C7 as Generic Zigbee Outlet but hangs initializing on C8.
Support is looking into this. Still a no-go on Beta 108.

Tom

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.