Will this lock work?

I have a Yale YRD220 lock, which is Z-Wave and it works fine with Smartthings. So right now i've got everything converted over to Hubitat from my smartthings but havent moved my lock yet because it's not on the compatible list.

Does anyone have this lock and will it work? OR is there a driver i can select for this lock if it's just recognized as DEVICE that will make it work? Holding off on removing it from ST until I know for sure.

It's basically the same as the keyless version just has a lock cylinder. I don't see why it wouldn't.

1 Like

@aaiyar has yales, I think. I don't want to sound negative about zwave locks, but there are currently lots of problems that are coming up with them. I have 3 z-waves. I think you can get a conversion kit for the yale to zigbee. I'd recommend looking in to that, but wait until @aaiyar throws in his two cents. I think that the generic z-wave lock driver works with this, but I do not have one. Only what I think I read at some point.

1 Like

Agreed, it's the same z-wave device on the inside, and the YRD226 (keyless) is on the official compatibility list. Generic Z-wave lock should be the driver to use.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

I just picked up 4 of Yale SL256 zigbee ones and they all paired easily and was able to get Lock Code Manager to manage all the users codes for all the locks. I had a hell of a time aligning one of my doors so it would turn correctly but the rest went in without any issues.

1 Like

Thanks to all. I went for it, and it worked perfectly, just had to select Generic Z Wave Lock. My migration from ST is finally done!

3 Likes

Yes, I have Yale zigbee locks and really like them. They have been flawless with great battery life.

I used to have Schlage locks. They worked 90% of the time. You would think that working 90% of the time is great - except it isn't for something like a front door lock.

Yales can switched easily between zigbee/zwave/bluetooth, unlike the Schlages.

If I could design an ideal lock, it would be the Alfred with a zigbee module (hopefully Alfred designs a zigbee module). It'll have the advantage of proximity control via BT and support zigbee, which as @april.brandt mentioned seems to work better with Hubitat than z-wave locks.

Making a zigbee module will also give Alfred an entrance into homes that use Comcast Xfinity or Cox Homelife - both of which are zigbee-based.

My YRD220 Z-wave has had no issues. :+1:
Using the generic driver and @chris.sader's app "Auto Lock Door" works great.
Well actually I haven't updated from his ST version yet. :wink:

1 Like

Good to hear it's working for you! I have a Yale YRD226 (Z-Wave Plus) and have had no problems with it. It's been very consistent and I am not using other apps (such as the reliable lock app -- no need for it for me). I set up my own rule in RM to lock after a certain period of time.