Will Lutron Caséta Diva control Hue?

Hello,
I’m hoping to gain some clarity regarding a possible Lutron integration, and its potential to control my Hue bulbs.

Long story short, my wife has Declared the Lutron Caséta Diva her all-time favorite light switch, a and, well…

Does the Lutron integration enable habitat to actively receive switch and dimmer data in real time?

If so, can I use that data to control hue bulbs in real time?

If so, is it nearly as fast as a direct zigbee control?

For reference, I mostly running HomeKit, with 3 hue bridges and a standard Lutron set up for some stuff.

Thank!

Unfortunately, the Diva switch will not work the way you want, but a Claro switch would (minus the lack of dimming). Basically, the dimmers for Caseta do not have a neutral wire connection unless you go to the Pro models (which only have the original style). The neutral allows you to tie the line and load together to provide constant power to the Hue bulbs but also power the switch (via line and neutral). The load on the switch is capped off and the Hubitat syncs the two devices.

All right, that makes a lot of sense.

What about adding one of those Zigby switch blocks that are designed to utilize a standard switch to trigger smart bulbs? Would something like that create the right conditions to maintain power to the Lutron switch while maintaining consistent load to the bulbs?

Do you have a neutral available in that box or not?

What does your wife think is so special about the Diva (compared to other similar looking decora-style switch switches)?

Fortunately, I do have neutral wires in the vast majority of the boxes I would use.

She really likes the look, and the tactile feel. In particular the way the button feels when you turn it on and off, and the way the slider feels when it’s dimming.

Right on... With a neutral, you could try a relay behind the Diva (since the realy will need a neutral for power), but I'm not certain it'll work well (or at all), but may be worth a shot. My concern would be that the Diva's own power situation somehow gets wacky, but maybe it'll be fine.

But for boxes with no neutrals, you'd be totally out of luck.

I came across the Leviton zigbee dimmer that has a very similar layout. It isn't quite as fancy as the Caseta, but it had that side toggle dimmer (just like what we've had in the kitchen for the last decade), and most importantly, its designed for what I want to do. And it's almost 1/2 the price per.

I will test a zigbee block behind a caseta soon, and see what kind of delays I get through homekit (I don't have the pro lutron hub), but for the most part having found a native zigbee switch I like is the more obvious solution.

thank you all!