[Wiki] HTTP Features and Endpoints

For me, it's concerning how many community threads are locked :closed_lock_with_key:, preventing future comments. I understand if it was a support thread but why are community threads being censored so heavily?

I just want to know what I'm getting into before my return period expires...

I guess my hopes as an outsider , with a view to maximising Hubitat's appeal and success (which is my goal too) is either you can try and increase your resources or you try and provide the tools and help to the community to help you achieve that. Whether more 'open source' helps I'm not sure. It's a double edged sword.

But somehow expanding the Dashboard capabilities has an appeal to the broader and less technical users who just love eye candy. For myself and I guess many HA die hards it's maybe not such an important factor.

However the 20 hrs per day work you've put into C7 is amazing these last few weeks . Was the product a bit premature .. yes as no backup/transfer and 700 support flaky too new but that's the nature of pioneering.. which I admire.

We're over the hurdles of understanding HE and it's nuances and I personally understand and support you having undocumented endpoints.

It's the usual thing - love it - just wish it would evolve faster

1 Like

If we actually did that, we would delete them...

If we lock a thread, nothings preventing you from starting another one...

4 Likes

I personally don't mind the hiccups but it was probably a bit discouraging for those that were jumping ship from st. Saw a lot of people step up in the forums to help out all the new people so that was cool.

1 Like

In fairness, this is their company forum not an enthusiast forum. I don’t think it’s uncommon to want to moderate the message a bit. That said, nothing stops anyone from posting things somewhere else on the internet.

3 Likes

This went from I like cool undocumented stuff to borderline TOS violation to company politics and marketing strategies way quicker than i knew possible

7 Likes

Left my PC for 5min and the post has gone a bad way.. they are just REST endponts...

I will filter out the sensitive once so no one gets there precious Hub bricked..

1 Like

Maybe change hubital.local to hub.ip or something else so it isn't a valid link I think thats all bobby was asking

4 Likes

As someone who spends a lot of time on this form, helping people out, contributing to code, etc.
I appreciate this thread. Community is what brings great products to light and to the masses. And to be frank - it's the reason HE is above the others and why I recommend it to everyone willing to listen.

So thank you OP for sharing your findings, and others contributing as well, most things like this are best done unofficially by the community anyway to reduce liability, while opening up the creativity for the community. Mac, Windows, Phones, Cars, etc.. some of the most successful products out there are the ones where communities stepped up to push the limits of the possible, and over time many of those changes at some point became productized or embraced.

2 Likes

Sorry if I hit a nerve, it's my nature to play the devil's advocate. My intentions are good. Although the irony of your response is not unnoticed :joy:

Any chance we can move the first post into a wiki somewhere?

Update: The first post is a wiki post and anyone can edit it.

2 Likes

I sense The Purge is coming on this thread to get it back on topic.

1 Like

Also are some of these C-7 only? can they be labeled as such?

C4 -> C7, I personally have not categorized them per version.

1 Like

C-4 ZW clean up is 404 same with Hub mem

This post is a wiki post so anyone should be able to edit it

@TechMedX as it is a wiki post feel free to ad URLs and update which ones seem to not work

2 Likes

Gives me a reason to take my C-7 out of the box and test them out :laughing:

I don't know where you are seeing that?

I have seen a couple threads in the past 18 months or so get closed, but rarely are they ever censored or removed. And the closed threads are usually where someone is misbehaving or for things basically being way off track. They don't just close threads here for no reason.

To go further on this. I have seen topics closed when they split off to another space. Usually the time out room, which means those conversations continue.

I have seen some temp bans as well, which is something I don’t agree with,as this is the first support stop for the device.

But ultimately those people weren’t here for support and it is not my decision.

The only thing I can hope to do is be vocal in to community, which can help steer the development of the product in the direction I want. It’s not always going to work. But there have already been some positive changes that I like to think I got pushed to the top of the list. This is what happens when you take a InfoSec guy, he buys a hub and and bunch of switches and then gets furloughed for 6 months.

2 Likes

Those were mostly people here to antagonize rather than to help. You cannot call people names, insult their intelligence, and do other anti-social behavior and be welcome on any social media platform I have ever used. And I have used a lot of forums and other similar sites in the past 25 odd years.

4 Likes