WiFi Light Switch with Local REST API

Ok, I'm want to phase out my Zwave JASCO switches for WiFi. I love Shelly but they will not build a standard wall switch like their dimmer wall switch which is awesome. I'm looking for another WiFi wall switch product I can use, it must be local control and must have an API. Is there such a beast US GANG wall switch? I don't want to use Shelly pucks with no integrated switch as two products. Pucks in US GANGs suck.

Only one with both that I can think of is LIFX and their switches. If you only required local control, any matter via WiFi switch would work.

Lifx only makes lights I believe, not switches.

@coreyclerico

Honestly if you want the ultimate in reliability, look at Lutron Caseta. Even their PICO controllers are awesome. Much better than a wifi switch and you don't have to worry about over saturation of the wifi band. They aren't z-wave or zigbee and they directly integrate into hubitat (as well as homekit, google, alexa) and it's 100% local with hubitat.

They definitely make switches (LIFX Switch Collection) that come in two or four button style. Note, the four button is only a single gang and these switches are designed for single pole installation. Based on previous forum posts, they work with the LIFX integration and have a LAN API that can be used separately. If paired with LIFX bulbs, they have a "smart bulb" mode too.

1 Like

ahh didn't realize that. Must be fairly new.,... Last time I looked they didn't have switches. I would still go with Lutron though to keep the wifi noise down. Also Lutron is incredibly reliable.

No disagreement from me as I use Lutron too. OP was just asking for a WiFi switch that works with Hubitat and has a local API. That's the only one I can think of that meets the requirements; though, I agree that Lutron is almost always a better way.

2 Likes