WiFi failure to connect

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Eve Energy matter devices to my hubitat. I am using a NetGear 760 router to connect all of my devices. The Apple Homekit told me to make sure that my homekit device and the hubitat are on the same LAN. The Orbi does not really support separate dual band SSIFs, but there is a new feature on the "Wireless" configuration page especially for this usage case called innocently enough, IoT Setting" where you can create a SSID for the 2.4GHz. My main SSID is "Karma Shunglam Orbi," or the Orbi Activity Highway. I created a 2.4GHz only IoT SSID "Karma Shunglan IoT."

Then I editted the WiFi setting on my c8 Hub to use "Karma Shunglam IoT" instead of "Karma Shunglam Orbi." I have not been able to access the hub since. I moved my PC to "Karma Shunglam iOT" to try and connect to the hub, but no go there either. The "Attached Devices" page on my router does not show the hubitat. The router has assigned a specific IP address to the hub, namely, 192.168.1.66. "This site cannot be found."

I puched pushed the "reset network settings" button, and plugged en thernet cable into the hub and my router. I still cannot connect to the hub.

I would like to get this connected, and then once done, I will explain my Matter connection problems. I am trying to use Matter to reduce latency issues of some of my devices which are in HomeKit mapped to a virtual device on the Hub where I am using hubitat Rule Machine to control the device. The latency is several seconds, sometimes up to ten seconds.

Thanks
Patrick