WIFI C8, Wired PC

I have the C8 Hub connected to my Wi-Fi.
My Wifi is connected to a Network Switch
My PC is connected to the same network Switch.
The network switch then connects to my Modem.

I can access my C8 VIA Wi-Fi devices (phone/tablet) but my PC cannot connect to the C8. Is the only way to make this work is to connect the C8 via ethernet?

By "wifi", do you mean your router?

Using "<=>" to indicate an ethernet connection, the normal setup is Modem <=> Router <=> Switch(es) that then <=> to devices like PCs, smarthome hubs, more switches etc.

Are you saying yours is Modem <=> Switch <=> Router?

No, must be a network configuration issue on your end.

I have a C-8 on Wifi and a server PC connected via ethernet, was just able to access it from that server no problem.

My modem connects to a Network Switch. That switch connects to my Pc and Wi-Fi Router (Separately of course.) My C8 is setup to run on WiFi. When i try to type in the local address for the C8 on my PC, i get an error that the address took too long to respond and cannot be reached. But I can access the c8 locally via my Wifi devices like phone and tablet.

==> Router  <WiFI> C8 Hub

Modem <==> Switch
==> PC

So you have it like this?

Modem <> Switch <> Router (with Wifi)
??? With devices connected to the switch directly, not going through the router?

That would make no sense. The switch needs to be down stream of the router so the ethernet and Wifi devices are on the same network.

2 Likes

Where the modem is, and the wifi router has to be, they are too far away to easily have the setup go from Modem <=> Router <=> Switch.

I am guessing your "modem" is a combo modem/router, so you probably have two routers and two separate networks. The Second network is possibly under double NAT.

The two networks is the problem, the devices connected to the switch are firewalled from the router/wifi network.

If you can check the LAN IP address of your wired machine and also the IP of your hub and post those I might have some more insight. You might be able to reconfigure your wifi router to access point mode so that the entire network is run by the modem, bringing all devices into the same network.

What is the make/model of your modem and also your router? Should be on a sticker on the device if not sure.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to try and help.

Modem is the T-mobile 5G Modem/router, it's Network is 192.168.12.-
Router is WYZE 6E Mesh Wifi Pro. It's network is 192.168.50.-

I will see about putting the Router into AP mode.

Looks like the T-Mobile gateway also has Wifi? Do you have that Wifi shut off? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/5g-gateway-g4ar

Also, for the Wyze 6E Mesh, you only have the one node I assume then?

You need to enable Bridge Mode on the Wyze router: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/10574588332955-What-is-Bridge-Mode

This will disable all router functions on the Wyze and it would just pass everything upstream to the t-mobile router. It would basically just turn it into an wifi access point. This could impact all your wifi devices but they should figure it out and reconnect. They will get a new IP from the t-mobile router DHCP. This would also get rid of the double-Nat situation going on.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. As soon as you post about the two networks, I remembered the bridge mode. I switched it already, and now everything is golden. Thank you for setting me on the right path. I wish i could disable the wifi portion of the Tmobile modem, but it's not possible on my unit at this time. (T-Mobile reps couldn't understand why i might want to do that...)

1 Like