Why is the dashboard settings dialog box not moveable

..... but the tile edit dialog is? I'm referring to the settings dialog (grid/options/templates/advanced).

Makes doing custom CSS more tedious than it already is when the box obscures half the screen and can't be moved out of the way of (or resized) the tiles we're trying to customise.

7 Likes

+1 I'm constantly moving tiles to the left edge, so I can see how my CSS changes impact them. Once I get what I want I have to move it back to where it is needed. This is even more difficult when working with multiple stacked tiles.

1 Like

A PITA for sure. +10

I am new to Hubitat and have just set up my first Dashboard and noticed the same thing. I too vote to make the main Settings dialog box moveable.

Stuart

Ditto....

This is now fixed on 2.2.8.136

3 Likes

Thanks @moncho1138 , @bravenel !

Thanks Ramon!

Hi @moncho1138 I just tried to editing my CSS settings for the first time with the new 2.2.8 revision, however, I can no longer select any text within the dialog box as a left click anywhere in the box (I use Windows) starts a click and drag event. Click and drag should only be activated within the title bar?

Also when editing the CSS each time I start typing on a line, the line which I'm editing immediately moves to the top of the box instead of remaining static. that means in an editing session the text in the box keeps moving around which makes it hard to keep focussed on what you are editing.

I've noticed this behaviour as well, a little distracting, but I guess we just have to get used to it...

In terms of CSS, am thinking about trying to move a lot of my CSS out to external files and then add an import statement, importing classes and am hoping to simply assigning the classes in the CSS for the dashboard. Could be a pipe-dream, we'll see....

Yes the "bouncing" text is only mildly annoying but I can live with that. However not being able to select and copy text is a real problem if I'm trying to copy properties to multiple elements. Hopefully the guys can at least fix that for the next release.

You can still select text using your keyboard

1 Like

DOH! Completely forgot the manual option :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

However it is still an issue and this should get fixed at some point. In the meantime manual select it is!

1 Like

Tagging @bravenel, would you be able to look into this please?

The CSS editing window text select issue I raised in post #9 is still there in 2.2.3

@bravenel can this be fixed as we are currently stuck with using the keyboard to select/highlight text.