Why is my Cloud Dashboard not refreshing?

New user coming from SmartThings where I used ActionTiles to provide family with a simple dashboard on their iPhones using iOS Safari browser tile placed on the home screen.

I attempted the same using my Hubitat Dashboard. I pasted the Cloud Dashboard link in Safari and exported this tile to the iPhone home screen. I can operate devices from the dashboard and when I do I can see status changes. However, statuses of devices, thermostats, presence sensors do not update on the cloud dashboard unless I hit refresh. They update fine on the dashboard app either when I am away or locally.

This won't address your immediate issue but there is an actionTiles integration for HE if you want to keep using it,

Yes, trying to avoid this as Hubitat Dash has all I need (although it's a pain to add a row and such).

I setup AT for Hubitat. This is actually great because I can have ST and Hubitat stuff on the same dash during transition. Completely transparent to my technically challenged family.

1 Like

And if they are used to the look and feel of AT it might make sense to stick with it.

Are these z-wave or z-wave plus devices?

I have (so far) 2 z-wave locks and the rest is via cloud (life 360 and ecobee).

I did not notice this line in your FB message (my reading comprehension has plummeted today, :man_facepalming:) It's because the iphone won't automatically refresh safari for that I think. With the app the info is pushed to the cloud server then through oauth pushed to the app.

It works for ActionTiles.

Action tiles polls. As does anything using maker API

That explains it. So cloud dash without Hubitat App really isn't a replacement for AT for cases where you want to have dash only and not bother wife and kids with having an app.

Actually I might be wrong here... How did you copy the link to your dashboard?

I went to apps, dashboard, dashboard menu and links and then clicked on the cloud ink of my dashboard. It opened on Safari on my iPhone and then I exported this to my home screen.

Did you click the current or legacy cloud link?

Just to validate the concern… I have the same problem. I have to use the iOS feature of ‘swiping closed’ the instance of the cloud dashboard and then reopening from the home screen to get the data to refresh.

Current one.

For me, it refreshes when I press the green check mark.

'Green Check Mark' works for me too. I just never tried it. Thanks for the tip!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.