Why does everyone reboot

I have a Raspberry Pi ready to be setup but I haven't setup my new office yet. I have to move around some large pieces of furniture first. Then I'll have a KVM and network switch ready to add devices to. On a related note - both my chair and computer desk broke on Sunday so it may drive me to finally get things moved.

I recently used RM with local variables for the first time.
It was a complicated rule which definitely required the use of RM instead of its simpler cousins.
I started searching, and searching, and searching: where do I find the option to set a local variable?
I couldn't find it, until I realized that I first had to setup a local variable before it would even give me that option.
That's reasonable.
However, the reason that I didn't see it, is because you specify local variable in RM, later in the page, not before you put in your rule, but later (i.e. after).
I like RM - it's flexible, powerful, and you can make it do almost anything. Most of the time, I don't mind (even like) the UI.
However, in my humble opinion, the UI could use some "professional polishing".

I agree completely. I do understand the limitations that make it so clunky, but it doesn't make it easier. There are just so many steps to doing anything.

The UI could be improved with a technical writer and/or technical focus group carefully reviewing each word. As borderline OCD, it makes my head nearly explode to find logic constructs like If/Then/Else called "actions". And worse is the awkward juxtaposition of "Conditional Actions" and "Action Conditional" on the same page.
ActionCondition

Quit bragging about your sexual exploits. :wink:

2 Likes