Why does Alexa not trigger an entire scene correctly, but Hubitat executes it properly when I click activate scene?

I've been doing some hair pulling lately. I have some complicated drivers that have led me to set up a Node-Red server which works great. I have installed the factory app "Groups and Scenes" on the Hubitat and set up a plethora of devices to turn on or off or set brightness or colors, etc.

I also have an app called "Amazon Echo Skill" installed which I choose the devices I want to share with Alexa's device respository and it allows Alexa to control those devices. SHE (Alexa) seems to work fine with normal bulbs and lights inside the "Groups and Scenes" category - but any of my virtual switches seem to get ignored if they are in a scene and the lights/outlets function properly with Alexa. If I open the scene and click the green activate scene on Hubitat it fires off and works great. So why does sharing the scene with Alexa fail to execute with her - but she CAN control each of the devices in the scene individually by voice command?

It seems that the groups and scenes might have a bug and ignore "virtual" devices maybe? Otherwise I don't see why the scene activates manually with Hubitat just fine but Alexa says "OK" but only changes the non-virtual items in the scene...

Anyone know what's up with that or have suggestions?

It turns out that the "Groups and Scenes" does not trigger "virtual switches" so I have instead set up some machine rules to execute my tasks at hand and set up a virtual switch to voice activate with Alexa now instead of using Alexa to trigger a group or scene.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.