Who is this guy, and what is his problem lol

He strikes me as an installer who hates Hubitat

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/13s97q2/homeassistant_hubitat_or_homey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Initial reply/review in OP seems even-handed and his opinions well supported by facts. Not seeing any HE bashing at all.

1 Like

oh not OP, kigmatzomat replies is what I'm talking about

Maybe "hate" was a bit harsh, but his review of saying HomeSeer or the others are superior for my setup I find funny. I don't know enough about the other systems, but for me having multiple hubs it works great. And then he says my whole system will blow up in 5 years, pretty funny.

1 Like

I remember that user from the Vera Forum. Anyone who weathered that storm deserves a lifetime pass for any ornery behavior. :slight_smile:

I've had my hubs running about 6 years, no problems. ST was choking after about 2.

3 Likes

Nice! me too, I find expanding the hubs quite effective in dead spots in my home. I looked at a video of Homeseer, didn't see many of the newest apps. In addition the guy thinks putting the Hue hubs in without the Hue hubs a better idea, I love the CocoHue app and the scenes import. Easy to use all my hues across the whole house with a panel or voice command

I'll admit there are elements of the conversation that are acceptable / understandable. I didn't find the initial exchanges to be anything extraordinary, like-minded Home Automation enthusiasts trading ideas on how they approach their own setups. I don't mind people offering alternate views and, in a respectful way, looking to challenge peoples current thinking and promote constructive debate.

There is a point, however, where a friendly back and forth of ideas does start to grate and become tiresome without any meaningful progression of ideas, conclusion or benefit to those involved or reading the conversation. If those on both sides are repeating the same philosophies or arguments for their approach without any new ideas or change in opinion, then the conversation ceases to become relevant. I get the impression that is (partly) what happened here.

Also, the "guy" does, slowly, become somewhat relentless in wanting to prove a point. I'm not going to claim I don't slip into that myself, so it is something to be aware of, if you are a stickler for detail and wanting everything to be accurate, if only according to your own view of things. Feel free to call me out on this if I stray into argumentative conversations :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As a network engineer I'm in awe of the amount of hubs you have. You need to do a visio map for us lol.

1 Like

By the sounds of it, it will be a lot of little stars... But yes, a diagram would likely be impressive :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.