"While I am still here" User Interface

PunchCardPgmr - I stumbled upon your post.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/serious-question-if-you-were-to-die-tomorrow-how-long-would-your-ha-implementation-last-before/80341

Thanks for shining a light on this reality.

But "While I am still here"
A question about self-preservation.

How are others setting up their environment/user interface so other household members have some control over device functionality without their having to enter into Rules Machine?

At this time, I am simply looking for a possible path forward that allows a member of the household to manage/edit time/date parameters within a rule. Given what I have learned and stumbled upon to date it would appear that the best(?) course of action is to use variables and variable data input tile/s.

Guidance (kick in the right direction) appreciated.

That's what I do...

2 Likes

i have a hub variable on a dashboard containing the room default temperature.
serves two uses - creates a reference setpoint for the two radiators in the room, one is the temp and the other is -2deg, other is if someone adjusts the temperature of the devices directly, next time they turn on to the default setting again

1 Like

Brings up an interesting Dashboard attribute that I don't think I've seen (unless this is what you guys are talking about).

An Up/Down Toggle Button or a Slider on the Dashboard that increments/decrements a variable.

Have I missed the thread where this is talked about, an App built, a feature wished for ....or did I just come up with an idea for the HE Dashboard of the future ?