Which one of you did this?

9,878 votes and 241 comments so far on Reddit

5 Likes

Not sure what I am looking at. Is the blue domestic cold water; the red hot water (140 deg) and the white tempered water (105 deg) from a mixing valve?

1 Like

The white and red appear to be a hot water recirculating system.

1 Like

That makes sense but I don't see a recirc pump in the photo.....maybe its there and I just can't enlarge it to see it.

1 Like

Could be built into the tankless water heater?

1 Like

The house I recently moved into has a water heater tank that’s approaching the end of its useful life.

I have been looking into replacing it with a tankless heater. Since the hot water in the bathrooms upstairs takes forever to warm up, I’m definitely interested in models with a recirculating feature.

I wish I had a dedicated return line like that for recirculation. I’d have to make do with a sensor valve that uses the cold water line as return.

1 Like

Yes...I did a web search and found that there are tankless models with built-in recirc pumps.......Nice!

3 Likes

Not as fancy, but similar. Yep, tankless water heater with recirculator.....LOVE IT!!

2 Likes

I saw this on one of the "suggested" Facebook posts. Sometimes they suggest at least somewhat interesting (to me) things. It's a poor plumbing design as they should have used manifolds and the pro plumbers were pretty merciless towards one of their own.

Manifold....yes, I wanted a 1 inch manifold (Manabloc) like this...

Only 1/2 inch was available. I have 1 inch lines running to my dual master shower heads and a few other things (2.3 gpm for 1/2 inch pex; 7.5 gpm for 1 inch). Anyway, the plumber said "I can build a manifold with 1 inch lines" and here we are.

2 Likes

I'm not sure what I am looking at either, but it pleases me.

2 Likes

I guess you don't live in California? :slight_smile: (Neither do I).
https://www.qualitybath.com/discover/post/18763/gold-standard-new-updates-california-plumbing-regulations

The manifold pictured above is a method of precise control of the water system throughout your house. Water supply (hot and cold) to each fixture, or group of fixtures, can be controlled by individual valves on the manifold. If repairs are needed, or a leak occurs, the individual line can be closed without affecting the rest of the house.

Nope, I do not live in California. And yes, I use way more water than I should in my shower. My shower is my Zen zone, my thinking spot, my time away from life. When I built my house, I wanted a nice, strong, endless supply of hot water. I specifically chose fixtures/systems that I could modify to supply greater volumes of water (Sorry California). But I also wanted the manifold system. I just checked again, and I could not find a 1 inch pex manifold system. That's the reason my plumber built one to my specifications. Yes, it looks sloppy. But it works very well.

1 Like