Which motion sensor?

Your are correct, alkaline is worse in the cold across all parameters. I will have to rethink depending on life I get out of them.

Mike

I'm using rechargeable CR123As outside in the Ecolink motion sensors. They have been working great. In Las Vegas this year we did hit 30F at night but they get punished more by the 110F+ in the summer. So far they have been reliable. They aren't in extended cold but they work well.

Indoors all my Iris v2 sensors are new with the factory batteries. I won't have to worry about them for some time.

I also use rechargeable CR2032 batteries in the Ecobee remote sensors. So far I'm on the first charging cycle on those. I think I changed them out last summer.

EDIT: I just realized that the rechargeable CR123As that I have are 3.7V instead of the 3.0V of a typical non-rechargeable. That might be part of the reason they are performing so well. I also have some new Ecolink motion sensors that's aren't behaving as expected. Now I need to try the 3.7V batteries in them to see if they behave better.