Where to start with buying devices in Canada

Yup

@jtmpush18 an Xbee when setup at a router can map all your zigbee devices.
You only need to run XCTU when you want to look at the map.

Just pulled my route table. I have eleven of the Sonoff S31 Lite plug-ins [YLW] and six of the Sonoff BasicZBR3 inline switches [CYN], which is the exact same thing as AFAIK.

1 Like

Looks like it's working fine. Don't know what that post I saw was about then. They seemed to think it wasn't.

1 Like

Yup. I had a couple of the zbr3’s drop off when I first introduced the Aqara temp/humidity sensors. I switched the Aqara to another hub and the problem went away.

I removed three ST plug-ins and replaced them with more S31 Lites and now have pulled the Aqara back in. Still testing but it’s been almost a week and everything is behaving so far.

Edit. And I switched to the generic zigbee driver a couple months ago when ever it was that Mike included the support.

1 Like

The end devices wouldn't be a cause. Coincidence. Overall sounding good so far.
Mine haven't arrived yet.

AArtech.ca is my trusted store for all my devices!!

1 Like

Yes i agree. an end device should not make a repeating device drop. BUT if the both were using the same ST plug as a repeater .... I don't know. I removed the ST plugs and put them on the shelf. I am still in the wait & see phase with aqara. i bought a five pack of sonoff temp/humidity as well.

1 Like

This is a great thread focused on Canada, hence piggy backing on this. I am firming up to buy my hub - Hubitat Elevation from AARTech.com. Has anybody seen a price lesser than $169 CAD for Canadian buyers yet? With taxes etc. final price is coming to around $192. Is that an expected decent price or should I wait for promotions to come in?

I get almost everything from AArtech (last 5 years of ST pain too). HE came from there too. After you factor in the currency and shipping it's your best bet especially becuase the will take anything back and even pre-test devices for specific functionality.

I purchased Hubs from both Aartech and direct from Hubitat. When purchasing from AArtech, you reduce the risk of having to pay Canadian duties, but you most likely pay a bit more. Also, delivery is much faster through Aartech as the product is already in the country.

Thanks all. Just ordered Hubitat from Aartech, Sengled Smart Bulbs from Amazon.ca and Sonoff motion and window sensors from Aliexpress to start my journey!

2 Likes

I just skimmed through this thread again to see but don’t think it was mentioned. I have ordered Zooz devices from these guys.

Apparently they are the same guys who list on amazon.ca but they are a little cheaper when buying directly from their site. Still not as cheap as

But as we all know, Zooz will not ship to Canada from their own website.

2 Likes

Just a note: the sengled bulbs sometimes go on sale for $32 on amazon.ca for a two pack

@steve.maddigan, the link and price above is for the Wifi version which is typically cheaper. Not sure if those work with Hubitat…?

That said, the Zigbee version are also on sale at the lowest price I have seen: $90 for a 4-pack.

If I didn’t have a couple already that are not in use, I would absolutely buy them at that price!

Wow. Sorry I didn’t even look at that. I wasn’t aware that they were available in wifi !!

I have edited my previous post because I don’t want anybody to click and order due to my lack of reading completely.

Thanks @Sebastien

1 Like

I do see a two pack for $50 with a $7 coupon

Sengled Alexa Light Bulb, Hub Required, Smart Light Bulbs Works With Alexa, Google Home, Smartthings, Echo Show, Smart bulb, Zigbee Color Changing Light Bulb, A19 LED Bulb 60W, 800LM RGB Bulbs, 2 Pack Sengled Alexa Light Bulb, Hub Required, Smart Light Bulbs Works With Alexa, Google Home, Smartthings, Echo Show, Smart bulb, Zigbee Color Changing Light Bulb, A19 LED Bulb 60W, 800LM RGB Bulbs, 2 Pack : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

1 Like

The Sengled bulbs I got, were for $20 for a pack of 2 on Amazon ( Sengled Smart Bulb, Smart Light Bulbs, Zigbee Hub Required Work with Alexa, Echo Show 10, Google Home, Smartthings, Alexa Light Bulb, Dimmable Smart LED Bulb 60 Watt Soft White, A19, 2700K, 800LM, 2PK : Amazon.ca: Everything Else). This includes a $4 coupon they have right now.

2 Likes

Nice. I didn’t even think of non-RGB.

1 Like

I bought my Hubitat hub from Aartech.

When Hubitat has sales on the hub, Aartech adjusts their prices to reflect the sale price in Canadian dollars.

I paid $179 CDN for mine back in the spring.