Where to mount the myriad of "hubs"?

Hey there, pondering this idea about where to mount the assorted home automation hubs I have. I have the following: HE C8, Lutron Hub Pro, Philips Hue Hub, a Wyze Sense Hub (already mounted on the other side of the wall shown below), a small ESP device to power some e-ink tags, Flair bridge.

I'm planing to locate all the hubs inside this centrally located closet. My debate is do I mount them on the wall in the blue box (likley 3D print up some DIN rail mounts for the hubs and din rails on the wall) or to put them all into a small 10" (could go with a 6") rack on the shelf in the red box. I'm sort of leaning towards the 10" rack. But wall mounting would allow me to space them out a little more so that the assorted radios cause less potential interference.

What does the Hubitat Hive Mind think?

Closet wall photo. A few other notes: I have CAT 6 run into this closet; there is an existing old alarm system box that I might use for something, but I don't think I want to put the hubs inside a metal box; there is power in the closet but not a proper outlet (don't ask, it was like that when I got here); I currently have POE+ run on the Cat 6 in this closet.


Ignore the cabling mess, just put a bunch of the hubs in here for testing.

For anyone following along on this, this is where the work-in-progress stands:

Still need to redo the cable management and the Flair hub needs a better DIN mount.

I think you should space the wireless hubs out on the wall as much as you can, but stack anything that doesn't transmit radio signals.

I agree, the further apart the better. I am not sure if there ever was an official recommendation, but I would probably try to keep them at least 12" or more apart, if at all possible.

I have always had my Lutron hub right beside my HE hub mounted on a wall under my front staircase. I mounted a piece of plywood on to 2 studs and use 3D printed mounts for my hubs that are screwed into the plywood. Never had issues in over 7 or so years since I did this.

I will say "but".

Lutron uses a different frequency (434Mhz) for their devices, so the possibility for interference with Hubitat is much less than two Hubitat hubs which can have Z-wave on 900Mhz fighting it out, and worse yet Zigbee and Bluetooth and possibly even Wifi on 2.4Ghz competing for signal.