Where are the ST devices?

Current guess is that it's all going to third-party licensees. Aeotec is already taking over the hub.

In the EU. No announcement yet for other regions.

2 Likes

I have 2 of the Zooz 4 in 1 and have nothing to say bad about these. Except they are very expensive. I caught them on sale at Monoprice like 2 for $30.00 and couldn't resist. It seems to me that all the devices are getting more expensive except for the Aqara devices which won't work with my mesh. Well que sera sera.

Every other month?
That seems excessive.
Is this partially due to the S0 issue with the 4-in-1?

same here i actually tossed them along with removed zwave non plus devices( we have too much crap around the house) and i already have two boxes of switches and sensors. They went dead within weeks. and were way too chatty on the hub.

i really like the Wyze motion sensors. if you have a RPi or linux server, use [RELEASE] Alpha WyzeSense Integration. $6 for a motion sensor

@velvetfoot
I change the sensor batteries every other month as a routine, not because they are discharged. Similarly, I replace the battery in both of my vehicles every 3 years to avoid a dead battery. As an ASE CMAT L1 MRRT, I have seen what stress a discharged battery can cause in regards to a hectic schedule. And I get the batteries for cost and my labor is free. :sunglasses:
Preventive maintenance so to say.

I was looking into changing the battery in my 2017 MINI. Do you know, the battery needs to be programmed? It's a BMW, after all. I've heard estimates of 400 bucks. Crazy.

2 Likes

I found a Ecolink multi-sensor on Amazon that looked identical to the smartthings one. The device driver for the smartthings worked perfectly.

All of the Wyze Sense device are out of stock as well... maybe because the Wyze Cam v3 probably will not support the USB Bridge for the sensors? Just a guess.

1 Like

@velvetfoot

Most newer Euro vehicles have adaptive charging systems. I am not familiar with them all. Not just any battery can be registered. Most scan tools require a number from the top of the battery be entered to proceed with the registration.

If the stealership is replacing the battery, they usually get an hour’s labor to register the battery. The registration process takes a few minutes, not an hour.

1 Like

Crap, this is disappointing. I'm glad I picked up some contact sensors a while ago, but kinda bummed I can't get more now

Looks like a new generation is being created...

Update: Found another post where Wyze mentions that the new Wyze Sense devices will include a standalone Bridge device.

2 Likes

Even replacing in kind, apparently the battery has to be registered. I bought a scan tool that apparently can do that, but you still have to buy the battery from the dealer, not just the AutoZone down the road.

1 Like

While at least v1 had identical hardware, the v2 Zooz version of this sensor is physically different, including the most notable difference of v2 having for a single CR123A (and much better battery life in my experience) compared to two AAs or AAAs (been so long I forget which). Additionally, both generations have Zooz's own firmware. I'm not sure if many Monoprice now has the same hardware again (I'd assume they use the same whitelabel OEM), but the latter would still be true.

Just noting since I really like the v2 from Zooz (as far as Z-Wave motion sensors go), while the v1 almost completely turned me off from the company. :slight_smile: Never a huge fan of Monoprice Z-Wave ;they uaually don't know anything about the firmware on the devices they're selling), but sometimes the price is right.

Yep, the Zooz and Monoprice are different. Firmware is different as well as the AAA battery that sort of sucks compared to the longer life CR123A.

I have had multiple issues with these Monoprice, my latest problem is the battery level sits at 0% even with brand new AAA batteries. I would avoid these sensors.

The Zooz firmware is a little better, and if you are Zwave only is an OK choice. But I still think the Iris V3 is a much better and faster sensor IF you don't need Lux, with the Iris V2 as a close runner up.

1 Like

Do you really think most of us understand this? :grinning:

1 Like

I don't know what that is. What is that?

ASE = Automotive Service Excellence (voluntary mechanic certification)

CMAT = Certified Master Automotive Technician (8 areas of certification)

L1 is Advanced Drivability Diagnosis

Not familiar with MRRT. A search seems to show Missouri Recognized Repair Technician?

How I know this, it takes one to know one.

4 Likes

I am a BODA. Big Old Dumb A--.

1 Like