Where are the ST devices?

Yep, the Zooz and Monoprice are different. Firmware is different as well as the AAA battery that sort of sucks compared to the longer life CR123A.

I have had multiple issues with these Monoprice, my latest problem is the battery level sits at 0% even with brand new AAA batteries. I would avoid these sensors.

The Zooz firmware is a little better, and if you are Zwave only is an OK choice. But I still think the Iris V3 is a much better and faster sensor IF you don't need Lux, with the Iris V2 as a close runner up.

1 Like

Do you really think most of us understand this? :grinning:

1 Like

I don't know what that is. What is that?

ASE = Automotive Service Excellence (voluntary mechanic certification)

CMAT = Certified Master Automotive Technician (8 areas of certification)

L1 is Advanced Drivability Diagnosis

Not familiar with MRRT. A search seems to show Missouri Recognized Repair Technician?

How I know this, it takes one to know one.

4 Likes

I am a BODA. Big Old Dumb A--.

1 Like

@neonturbo. Correct on all counts. I have been ASE Master since 1979 back when each test had its own patch plus the Master patch. Getting my wife to sew 9 patches on a coat sleeve with a hand me down sewing machine wasn’t easy. The shop I work at is in its 4th owner. 5 years agi I transitioned from the shop to the service counter at my bones request. New owner is a retired PhD microbiologist and bought the shop because he enjoys working on cars. Great environment because we are not about the bottom line. Profit is secondary. Customer satisfaction and exceeding expectations are our specialties. It doesn’t hurt that my now deceased mother once told me I could sell her the wedding ring on her finger. :sunglasses:. We only suggest repairs and never hard sell. Too many shops give the impression the car is going to blow up if they don’t service the transmission/engine.

@velvetfoot

If you have an Intelligent Battery Sensor on the negative battery terminal like in the photo, you need to register the battery.

1 Like

@neonturbo. Correct on all counts. I have been ASE Master since 1979 back when each test had its own patch plus the Master patch. Getting my wife to sew 9 patches on a coat sleeve with a hand me down sewing machine wasn’t easy.

My knowledge of all things Hubitat is growing, so any information I have has been obtained in these forums. I am glad to offer my 40+ years of experience in a shop, going back to post-generator days, through carburetors, points and condensers, throttle body injection, up to CAN BUS communications, which is when the new owner offered me a sidestep to the service desk.

Everyone replying has been most helpful, but I feel assistance should be rewarded with more than a thank you when a particularly difficult (to me) problem has been solved.

2 Likes