What's up with all the extra Zigbee OTA traffic on 2.3.3?

They can, but they have really bad antennas. Tagging @neonturbo - because he fixed the antenna on his.

You might consider adding a couple more routers.

2 Likes

On 2.3.2.141 everything works fine...when I upgraded to the various 2.3.3 versions is when I started to have issues with the motion sensors. Not sure about the other sensors, but I do remember the door sensors seemed to work OK just sometimes very late in announcing that the doors were opened.

Just another data point here.

I'm currently running 2.3.3.128 on a C5 (ZigBee & ZWave) in a 1200 sq ft house.

I have (18) Iris V2 Motion Sensors and (6) Iris V2 & V3 contact sensors, plus other battery powered ZigBee devices. No issues. I have half a dozen pocket socket repeaters scattered around the house.

We had a 50 hour power outage this week and even without the pocket socket repeaters, the motion sensors were still taking to the hub. I was looking at the temperature in each room. I used a small genny to power my essential items which didn't include the pocket sockets. The power outage was on versions .125 & .127

3 Likes

Glad you all made through Ian, hopefully unscathed!

1 Like

We are in the Tampa Bay area and were very fortunate. No real damage. I did lose the main board in the fridge and a GE ZWave switch when the power came up and the photo eye in my coach light. Amazon delivered the board and eye yesterday and I'll get them swapped this weekend. I keep spare switches for such an emergency and Jasco is sending a replacement for my stock.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.