What's this old wiring?

I wouldn't mind the commercial building wiring probably, but like you I would object to the death-trap modifications later!

I'm reasonably confident that whoever ends up with this house after me will not curse my name too much. Or at least won't be killed by my wiring.

2 Likes

St, Augustine is the oldest settlement in the US. That's about 300 miles north of here. Nice place, but I understand it's being overrun with excessive building and the traffic is getting worse and worse.

S. Florida really didn't get started until the late 1800's but there's very little remaining from that era. Much of S. Florida is concrete and asphalt, giant condos blocking the sun on the beach and seemingly endless gated communities with pretentious names containing cookie cutter houses. And a CVS and Walgreens on every corner. Well, SE Florida anyhow. The west coast isn't as bad.

1 Like

Not at all. In addition to everything being in emt, all the connections are soldered with an insulating cap crimped on top. I've never seen that even in a commercial building.

1 Like

Oldest of European origin...

St. Augustine, founded in September 1565 by Don Pedro Menendez de Aviles of Spain, is the longest continually inhabited European-founded city in the United States.

Acoma Pueblo, in Valencia County in West Central New Mexico, is believed to have been established in the 12th century or even earlier, making it the oldest continuously inhabited community in the United States

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, sure. Didn't mean to be un-inclusive, or whatever the term is for that these days :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

No harm, no foul intended. I actually ran into the info on Acoma Pueblo while doing some St. Augustine googling. :slight_smile: I grew up in VA, and we had extensive history classes on the Pilgrims, but never heard about St. Augustine or the Acoma Pueblo. I was unaware of both before this discussion, so enjoying learning new stuff about our contry's history (and historical wiring). :wink:

1 Like