What switch types work on google home?

hi All
what switch types with google home voice

Are you asking what brands of switches can be controlled with Google Home?

If so, as far as I know, all switches setup on the hub shared with Google Home can be controlled by it. Examples include Inovelli switches/dimmers (Red, Black and Blue series), GE, Lutron, Leviton, etc.

What I am asking about is I have some code with
capability "Momentary"
capability "Switch"
it shows in the hubitat but in google home app it not showing as a switch

Ah! I’ll leave that to the devs in the forums… In the interim, have you checked what the drivers of community devices that do work with Google Home have in their code?

What does it show up as, and what do you want it to show as?
You could use the Google Home Community app to force the devices to be shared as a switch.
The Momentary capability is for a button device, you could comment out the "Momentary" capability in the code, but the button actions may not work correctly anymore.

Also, if you have "Light" in the name of the device, or the Light capability, the app may force the device to share as a light instead of a switch. You can again overcome this with the Community app.

It may say it is Alpha, that really should be taken off as it is far from Alpha, it works very well. [Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration

It shows in the hub but not google
what I would like to code is a switch with an on and an auto off

Did you share it to Google via the Google Home app in Hubitat?

Does this have to do with Google or is this an independent request/issue?
You can easily make a rule in one of the rule apps that when the switch turns on, wait X number of seconds/minutes then turn it back off.

2 Likes

I am trying to learn how to code a switch google can control

Here is an example of a virtual RGBW light / bulb. HubitatPublic/virtualRGBW.groovy at master · hubitat/HubitatPublic · GitHub

If you take out all the color control stuff it will basically be a dimmer. Take out the level and it will be a Switch.

Here is another good one, if you turn off all the options it is basically just a switch and it has an auto-off built in already: [RELEASE] Virtual Switch Universal Device Type (uDTH) - good for Alexa, IFTTT, HSM, and other integrations

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.