What’s on your Christmas list?

Thought I would make a topic since it’s the festive period to discuss what people would like as a present for Christmas;

1. A product already in the market
  2. What new smart home tech they would like invented

My answers would be;

1. Nest Thermostat (Always wanted one and got it installed the other day as an early Xmas present)
  2. A UPS Zigbee or Zwave system which notifies you when power or internet goes or has gone out.
1 Like

1 - Outdoor POE camera's - Reolink Maybe
2 - An indoor tracking device that is accurate enough to know which room/floor someone is for better room management.

2 Likes

A new UPS to replace the poorly designed one that I have. Swapping it out and writing some new rules will be Saturdays fun project.

2 Likes
  1. Hubitat C7 (Cheating a bit, since I received yesterday - early Christmas for me!)
  2. My vision is perhaps simpler than @Shaneb, in that I would settle for a sensor that detects both motion and direction.
2 Likes

@Hatallica, welcome to Hubitat!

1. New Inovelli LED strips (purchased, waiting for them to ship!), maybe some iBlinds, oh and at some point a shiny new C7 to test with. :santa: :wink:

2. Definitely some new tech for room tracking. No phone, watch or cameras needed.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Happy Festivus to the rest of us!

1 Like

From the HE perspective, I would really like to see @mike.maxwell add AVR zone support to the stock Denon and Onkyo drivers :rofl:.

2 Likes

Motion and Direction! That would be fancy

Room occupancy seems to be a theme! :+1:

Occupancy sensors are my #1 request for Christmas this year. My #2 is backup services from Hubitat.

1 Like

I see someone did something custom here.

But I guess you're wanting something officially?

I bought a lorex system on BF. I was looking at Amcrest as well but lorex had a better BF sale and I would have been nailed with duty into Canada if I had ordered from Amcrest.

I looked at Reolink but I don’t think their PoE stuff is ONVIF amd after dealing with the crappy ANNKE software for the last five years with my current system I wanted to go with something that mainstream. Maybe I’m not giving Reolink enough credit.

I did see that and haven’t tried it for my Onkyo, but many have asked for Denon as well. Mike mentioned he would add zone support to his list, but unfortunately that was over 2 years ago :disappointed_relieved:

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I was doing some end of the year organizing recently, and discovered that I had amassed an embarrassing backlog of unused and/or replaced "stuff" that is sitting in boxes and doing nothing for no one.

So I sat down and had a serious talk w/myself about clutter and using shopping as entertainment, and as a result I am not getting any new toys for Christmas. I am so mean... :angry:

I have to admit I did order the new Inovelli individually addressable LED strip a few weeks ago, but that was well before the embarrassing inventory, I'll have you know. :wink:

I do feel good that we have (as I'm sure is true w/most of you) kicked up our charitable donations significantly this year to try to help those less fortunate who have been so affected by the economic impact of the pandemic. :frowning: Also tipping like a drunken billionaire when we get takeout. :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to playing w/the Innovelli LED strip, I'm hoping I might get a very rare "Wow, now that's cool." from the wife! :smiley:

1 Like

Not the stock Onkyo driver but working pretty well for me, though
I might be a bit biased :slight_smile:

[RELEASE] Onkyo Multi-Zone AVR Driver

1 Like

Onkyo brings back memories...I had an A10 (amp) and T9 (tuner) I picked up just sligtly used back in the late 70's, and used it for decades. A friend of mine took it off my hands when the amp failed and I needed to change to a smaller all in one amp/tuner unit. Still miss my old Onkyo gear. :slight_smile: