What Matter SDK?

Out of curiosity, does anybody know - what version of the Matter SDK is implemented in Hubitat? The latest posted on SiliconLabs Matter github is 2.3.0 which is a Matter 1.3 implementation https://github.com/SiliconLabs/matter

There are a number of bugs (not surprising for early controller implementations), but was wondering if this is maybe due to older SiliconLabs SDK. There's a particularly problematic bug of initialize() being called seemingly randomly which I'm hoping to see fixed.

Tagging @bcopeland from the Hubitat Team who can hopefully answer this question. I know Matter 1.3 was just very recently released, so I doubt that is the version Hubitat is using at this time, but I am not sure :thinking: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I'm guessing 1.1 based on when it was originally released. But as you said, only Bryan can verify

3 Likes

So does this mean we need to look at the older documentation when tried to write drivers. I have downloaded the 1.3 documents recently.

I am just starting to dig into this stuff and have reviewed several folks code here trying to understand ways to move forward with limited success. So far trying to get commands to work, or write to attributes to make a change on a device hasn't been very successful.

@bcopeland

A answer to this question could really help.

Same version I use when writing drivers. I am not aware of anything in 1.3 that won’t work. Most changes were just device type specs..

1 Like

The only "low level" change that I thought was interesting was changes to the event subscription mechanism when using wildcard subscriptions. Specifically, the WildcardPathFlagsBitmap in Section 8.9.2.3 of the Matter 1.3 Core Spec makes it easier to use wildcard subscriptions without subscribing to an over-abundance of data. It would be nice to support this at some point (few devices are currently Matter 1.3, but eventually this would be helpful).

1 Like