What I do not like about Caseta

Bulbs would be nice but with Hubitat that is not an issue. There is a huge selection of Zigbee and Z-wave bulbs; my preference being Zigbee.

I prefer to set the levels in Hubitat if that is required. I do find most customers want 100% on anyway so it is not that much of an issue for me.

1 Like

You can use Hubitat to set dim levels. The new Diva like the RA2 Maestro can be set manually to a given level. The Lutron app does turn it on 100% but why is anyone in this forum using that app. They should be using Hubitat which gives you the option to set any level that you like.

I personally like the trim on the new Diva and Claro devices. Customers love it.

1 Like

RA2 is great too. I also works well with Hubitat.

I am sure they are trying to get you to upgrade but us Hubitat users have options; multiple hubs and other non Lutron devices working together through Hubitat.

I never heard of them even discuss a bulb but if you have a Hubitat you can use other bulbs. I personally like the Zigbee ones.

One thing I will say for anyone that is considering Caseta. "Once you go Caseta you never go back" :nerd_face:.

Please note: this was an opinion :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I've been running Caseta for 10+ years and love the original look... (I don't like the rocker style look)

3 Likes

I have Decora style rockers and picos in the same plate and do not find the aesthetic at all distracting or objectionable. Also a couple of plates with toggles and Lutron Caseta fan controllers together is not an issue for me as long as the color matches well.

2 Likes

You do get used to it. I tend to use the app for configuration and Hubitat and Homekit for end user usage.

They do grow on you. I am happy about the Diva and Claro. My new customers prefer it much more. I have yet to have a customer that did not like them.

And that picos only report battery when low.

I have a handful of picos and 3 fan controllers. That is literly all I use the bridge for.

1 Like

It only reports low battery to the Lutron App. The good news is the batteries last 10 years so replacing batteries is not that much of an issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.