What functions will Hubitat allow with Konnected INTERFACE

I've only had Hubitat for 3 weeks and its running GREAT, I was thinking about purchasing and installing Konnected INTERFACE on my old Vista 20SE alarm panel. Basically, my question is what functions will Hubitat allow me to perform if I install Konnected INTERFACE? Let me preface this by saying, I have 8 zones, the first one of which can NOT be used with Konnected Interface on this
Vista panel, per the Konnected staff. I also don't have any programmable outputs or extra free zones, so I can't setup Konnected to arm or disarm or warn me of a break-in. Can Hubitat pick up the slack? Will Hubitat allow me to see the remaining zones AND be able to send me a text or email, through its RULES or TRIGGERS if any of the zones are breached WHEN the system is armed? Thanks for any input!

did you read the announcement?

it's 'old' (in computer years :slight_smile: ) but it might answer some questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks, yes i did. My only questions were, how does Habitat work with Konnected regarding rules. If I install Konnected ,will Hubitat warn me through its HSM or rules and triggers that a WIRED window or door connected to my Vista panel was triggered when armed.

Another question is , with the Konnected interface product, what happens in Hubitat when I arm my old wired system through its keypad and vice a versa, what happens to my wired alarm when I arm HSM in Hubitat?
Thanks again for your reply :blush:

Unless you have a input to tell hubitat that the system is armed and visa versa the only thing you will be able to do is monitor the contacts and sensors by my understanding. You could use presence sensors and also trigger the HSM when your not there to then notify you that the inputs have triggered but it wouldn't know if it was armed though your keypad. You would essentially be running two systems back to back with only their inputs being synchronised.

Thanks! Thats what I needed to hear. As long as I can configure Hubitat to notify me by a text or email that a wired sensor was triggered, I think I'll go for the Konnected interface model. Right now, I get no notification if my wired alarm goes off so Hubitat would be a great benefit.

Yes it should do texts just fine, currently there is a 10 a day limit though. So some use a push notifications app instead. Just remember you need something to put HSM into arm, this can be by anything really but I use modes as it's quick simple and I'm already using them.

Great! You've been a tremendous help. Basically , I arm my wired system and Hubitat HSM manually each time I leave my home, so as long as Hubitat notifies me of a wired sensor being opened, I'm all good! May have to draw on your expertise on using Mode to notify me, but thats down the road lolo. Thanks again!

1 Like