What driver to use for Aeotec Gen 5 Home Energy Meter?

Just installed the device. What's the best driver for it, and where to find? It doesn't look like there's a built in driver. Thanks.

1 Like

I think I found it. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

It's got problems. Stops working at times with this message:

Going to look at below. Turns out not as easy as I thought it'd be. Oh well.

Well, I read the thread and it seems like it doesn't work any more so I guess I'll stick with the first one. Perhaps I picked the wrong product for Hubitat.

I'm thinking I get that message when I hit 'Save Preferences'. If I hit 'Config' after that, it gets it going again.

What I don't get is what the three groups are for. Just to give you the option to report at different time frames? Like Watts, every 5 seconds and Kw-Hrs, every hour? Something like that?

Well, I poked around some more and I found @novasbc 's revisions, which seems to fix the error. Bear in mind, I really don't know what I'm doing.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I have to find uses for the darn thing.
I have the CT's on the main panel feeders.

I'm trying to work out a probably harebrained scheme to shed load prior to having a generator start up, and this could be a way to check if indeed all the plugs and switches actually did their job.

Charts and graphs? Nice but probably a lot of work and studying up.

Every 5 seconds:

The numbers match up pretty well with my ancient Energy Detective which works over the power line.

Same here. Some days I feel like I am Gomer Pyle and most everyone else is Albert Einstein. 90% of the posts here go right over my head.
You are in good company. I have yet to receive a condescending reply to a question.

1 Like

Well, looks there's a problem. It seems that strings are reported for power values instead of numbers. I did the same RM rule with a Zen04 and it worked fine. Here I get string vs number messages.

I guess I have to figure out how to convert the string value into numeric. I wonder if @novasbc could help.

edit: I figured it out. I edited the driver.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.