What does this debug message indicate in Maker API when being used by Node Red?

I am getting this message in my logs, I am using Maker API with Node Red.

Here is one of the flows that has the devices referenced:

Also is there a way in Node Red to not send the off command every minute?

Thank you in advance

Turn off logging in Maker API if you don't want to see the logging. :man_shrugging:

Always read the documentation for the nodes. All of them have online documentation in node-red that explains how the node works. I can't stress this enough, as it will make your use of Node-RED much more pleasant.

For BigTimer:

So do this in the BigTimer node settings to stop sending the output every minute:

1 Like

Whey I ask is that my C7 still is not working consistently (more than a few hours at a time) and I believe its the zWave overloading, being new to the hub and tool I don't know if these debug messages are meaningful or should be ignored. Sounds like I can ignore them...

Thank you, after I asked the question I realized it was only happening with BigTimer and saw that box...

I appreciate your answer!

Well, they are meaningful if troubleshooting Maker API. But unless you are having a specific Maker API issue I would leave the logging off.

I will say that there is only very limited command throttling in the Hubitat Node-RED nodes. Poorly written flows can definitely pound the hub with commands. So be careful.

Another thing you can do on the node-red side is put a delay node before command nodes, set to Rate Limit mode. Unnecessary for well behaving flows, but if you want some extra insurance against rapid commands to the hub, that is how you would do it.

I do that on occasion if I know for a fact that the logic doesn't need to send commands in rapid succession.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.