What Do You Want to See in Your Hubitat Hub?

Honestly I don't know how anyone does work from a phone.... I do all my stuff from a PC...It irritates me to even use the lutron app..I don't care what the ui looks like, working on a small screen like that sucks on any platform.

4 Likes

If the interface on a mobile device means it is difficult to work with, then that's an understandable response, doesn't mean it has to be that way. I wouldn't suggest rules are likely to be developed on a mobile device, but there at least some things that could be achieved on a mobile.

Sure for dashboards I think it's fine, but for rule building I'd rather sit at my pc/laptop

1 Like

I guess the kind of stuff I would have in mind would be:

• Device pairing, that would lend itself to using a mobile, particulary for devices situated away from a PC / laptop
  • Initiating a hub reboot / shutdown
  • Reviewing logs and device events

Not that any of these are particularly difficult or unachievable with the current app, just saying that there are different circumstances where remote / mobile access to the HE interface can be useful.

And it's not always a phone, the mobile app is also available on larger screens on a tablet.

I'd also have to say with my eyes, bigger screens are better...

1 Like

I was going to mention how nice it is to have a Community where we can discuss the possibility of using other platforms and/or their benefits compared to HE.... I do appreciate the ability to freely discuss competitors without concern for being closed down.

I think there can be advantages from being able to explore the positives in exploring other platforms through discussion here. Just my 2c...

3 Likes

Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

1 Like

Except wink... That system can go right the hell and f-off...

1 Like

Don't worry, I'm cleaning my mouth with a glass of America's finest.... well America's cheapest in Oz...

2 Likes

I wasn't expecting glowing conversation about Wink... At least from what I have heard....

Wink is the Voldemort of home automation

At least we know how to initiate a reaction....

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

If you're working on simple rules or want to tweak a rule it's good to have easy mobile capability. I can do both on hubitat and Smartthings, I'd say Smartthings is a bit better

Try working on a complex Room Lighting rule on a phone.
Its very difficult with both horizontal and vertical scrolling.

I have one rule that is even difficult on a 27 inch monitor connected to my laptop.

Would be interesting to see if the pseudo tab interface Home Assistant uses in some areas could be added.

1 Like

How else would we learn where we need to improve and what our users like/dislike?

8 Likes

That code for new UI coming soon?

Use cases for both app and pc tho

It Will Be Okay Dougie Payne GIF by Travis

I feel my renewed involvement in this conversation has been a positive influence.... :wink:

1 Like