What can be the problem? - General slow and unresponsive

Hello.
I've switched from SmartThings to Hubitat and I'm experiencing significant issues with slowness and unresponsiveness. Sometimes, it loses connectivity with all devices, and none of them respond. A full shutdown for 5 minutes resolves this temporarily, but the problems resurface the next day or week. It's consistently slow, with actions taking a long time to occur, or sometimes not happening at all when turning devices on or off.

Feeling quite frustrated, I began to suspect that there might be an issue with the C7 Hub itself. Consequently, I purchased a new C8 from the USA and received it yesterday. The migration process seemed smooth, even though things worked well yesterday (as they often do after a restart), the issues have returned today. The hub fails to receive updates from sensors, and things just stop working. Now, I'm at a loss for what to do next. What could be the problem?

Additional Information:

Today, if i run Z-wave repair, about 50% of the devices are not repaired successfully (very mixed results)

I have approx. 50 Z-wave devices of the following types:

• Heatit Z-water (several child switches)
  • Aeotec Multisensor 6
  • Aeon Siren
  • Aeon Repeater
  • Heatit-Z DIM
  • Fibaro Dimmer
  • Fibaro Switch
  • Installed Apps:

I have installed these apps:

• Action Tiles
  • Advanced vThermostat Manager
  • Basic Rules
  • Groups and Scenes
  • Hubitat Package Manager
  • IFTTT Integration
  • Room Lighting
  • Rule Machine

About the migration from Smartthings to Hubitat:

This is what I did:

• Excluded devices from SmartThings.
  • Factory reset the device after excluding it from SmartThings.
  • Paired the device with Hubitat.

Some devices didn't exclude successfully from SmartThings, and some didn't pair successfully with Hubitat on the first try. Consequently, I ended up with some ghost devices after migration. As these couldn't be removed via Hubitat's web GUI and didn't disappear on their own, I removed them with a USB Z-stick and Simplicity Studio from my PC a few weeks ago. I don't have any ghost devices now.

The SmartThings hub is still active with 2 Z-wave devices and other devices using protocols other than Z-wave (e.g., TV and washing machine). There are two Z-wave devices left because one couldn't be paired with Hubitat (possibly working now), and I can't find the other one physically :blush:.

I'm now desperate for a solution. Switching to a hub from another brand is not preferable, as Hubitat supports Z-water (temperature control), and it would take me two weeks to move all devices to a new hub.

I would greatly appreciate any insights that could lead to a solution.

Right now the topology looks like this, but normaly the blue dots are more distributed.

Dont know if this is telling you anything, no devices are using battery:

SOLVED!!!

The problem is solved completely! Now everything is faster than it ever was on Smartthings. The network runs perfectly!!!
On the list of Z-wave devices, every devices that have 9,6kbps, I repaired just that one. I looked at the route, and if it still was slow, I repaired the the next hop if that also was slow etc. Now the slowest one is 40 kbps(one or two), rest is 100kbps and the network is now superfast and responsive!!
I believe that the full z-wave repair is actually damaging the network because it just overload the network in a way that everything gets slow, and the route updates gets ineffective. (I don’t know this but this is my theory). If you end up being unable to fixe some of the devices, try move the hub to other spot until every device has a good route.

So the solution for me was to repair one by one until all the devices had high speed, and never more do a full z-wave repair unless you have very few devices…
GREAT!

2 Likes