What BR 30 bulbs do you use with HE?

How did you do that ? Did you upgrade FW thru HE ?

I have not tried to do that yet , I ran them right out of the box

You have to pair them with the Lightify hub. Reset them by turning them off and on five times (3 seconds off, 3 seconds on). Then pair them with the Sylvania hub and look for updates. It might take a wile to register the update and then a while to do the update. Once it is on the latest firmware you reset them again and repair with Hubitat. HE will recognize the previously paired device and you are good to go. No changes needed to any rules.

You can often find a hub and light for under $10. I see this one currently for about $9.

https://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Lightify-Osram-Starter-Gateway/dp/B01CRHGYJY/ref=sr_1_44?dchild=1&keywords=Sylvania+rgb&qid=1590379745&sr=8-44

1 Like

Is it worth upgrading them ?

They seemed to behave better but I didn’t have too many issues until I started adding a lot of Zigbee motion sensors. At that point I moved them to a dedicated HE hub and everything has been flawless.

Considering the number of lights I had pre HE and the fact that you can often find them under $10 for the RGBW bulbs made a second hub worth it. I recently bought four BR30 bulbs for $23.

1 Like