What are folks doing to control their Senville Mini Split via HE

Looking to control my Senville mini split via HE. My understanding is the Senville is a rebranded Midea.

I've been following the long thread about the custom driver that keeps control local which I like.

I've found a few posts regarding control via IR, but I'm not to keen on this route.

What are folks successfully doing/using to control their mini split via HE? Most of the threads/posts I'm finding are a year or so old. So hoping for some fresh info.

Thanks

I don't have one of those myself, but for others to maybe develop something or find an existing integration:

• Do you use an App on your phone at all to control the mini-split?
  • Do you know if Senville offer any Wi-Fi or Zigbee (or even Z-Wave) adaptors to allow control of the units?

I'd also agree with finding some alternative to IR if you can, not that I've had experience with it myself, but anything that can actually report a status would be preferrable.

That said, seems like the driver @tomw worked on for Senville may be what you want? I could be wrong... What do you think @tomw ?

For the most accurate and flexible control, you could look into whether there is a thermostat adapter device made by Midea for this line of mini-splits.

Here’s what I use for my Fujitsu mini-splits:
IMG_6199

Others use an analogous device for LG, Mitsubishi, possibly additional brands.

One end of the device makes a proprietary connection to your mini-split, the other end has standard thermostat terminals to allow control by basically any dumb or smart thermostat.

Then you can use Hubitat to control the thermostat, which in turn controls the mini-split.

3 Likes

@Tom415

Here ya go. Could probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

Which wifi Stick do you have? If you have one of this US-OSK102, US-OSK103, US-OSK105. Then you are in luck. There's a driver link below for controlling with Hubitat or Midea air app or Home assistant. If you have the Alexa wifi Stick then you are SOL with HE for controlling. I ended up swapping 4 of my Alexa sticks with ESP stick cause it's only $10 each instead of $100 for the OSKxxx version and control them with Home Assistant.

Post for Hubitat driver

My Home Assistant dashboard for Senville

2 Likes

I have the Alexa sticks.

Is this the ESP stick you're referring to? Does it work with @tomw's driver?

That's the stick I am using. No, it didn't work with tomw's driver. I did try bringing the devices from home assistant over to Hubitat but the integration was missing too many options because the integration was only using the generic thermostat driver. My family like home assistant dashboard anyway so I didn't try too hard.