What about Z-Wave and CD players?

I recently purchased a CD player for my '22 MINI, which didn't come with one.
Fits in glove box, plugs into USB port, works great.
Should've done it when I first got the car...and for the previous MINI.

Or is it, now? It remains to be seen how the new leadership will keep up the pace with recent market changes:

1 Like

BOD headed by a turnaround firm and dominated by alarm/security companies. They need to keep on executing. Maybe pay/help some companies to implement LR on controllers. Make Z-Wave networks easier to manage. Build the Matter bridge. Looks like Jasco and Leviton are upgrading to 800 series chips too.

3 Likes

Even simpler - Spotify subscription (or Apple Music) ....

2 Likes

I’ll give you one for the cost of shipping.

1 Like

I don't think you can even get a CD Player as an option anymore. my 2019 RAM is just about as baseline as you can get, and even it doesn't have a CD player. I still have CDs around. occasionally I get bored and rip a few, but for the most part, I am just slowly repurchasing most of them in digital. Yes, I know I can download them if I subscribe to a service (I do, Apple Music), but I like being able to know my music is my music and I can still access it without a subscription.

My 2020 Pacifica van has a CD/DVD player, but probably because it has the rear entertainment system (TV in the headrests). You can play music over the normal stereo, or just the rear headphones.

Funny enough, I don't and never have had CDs. I was old enough for cassettes, and I went right to MP3 and later on satellite radio, instead of CDs.

1 Like

I was the trailing edge of 8 track. Even had a 8 track to cassette converter!

4 Likes

Same. I still buy lots of CDs, but I recently finally had to get in to vinyl because it's more common to find vinyl than CDs for a lot of new releases. Never thought I'd see that.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.