Wemo Mini Outlets

I want to add my wemo mini outlets to my hubitat. Where do I start?

Do a search for WeMo and download and install the custom DHs.

1 Like

Ahem...they're DRIVERS over here....not DTHs.

Also, that driver is used with the WeMo Connect app, also in @jason0x43's repo, at that link. I don't think you can use the driver without the app.

You have to use the WeMo connect and the DH’s to get it working.

I added the @jason0x43 DH code to my hubitat, in the driver section. All my WeMo's work via the app, and via google home as before, so I guess the question is how to add these devices to the hubitats control using the DH? Now added the app code and it polled and saw the wemo outlets... still dont have control via hubitat, but the app saw them

After the app found them did you select them and then click next? That is when your device will be created.

I am trying to withold my joy. Holy cow! Thats all it took was selecting them! Thanks @aaron.

1 Like

After updating to 2.0 HE, some wemo outlets are showing as offline and cant get back to controlling them through HE. Any ideas or help?

can someone explain this to me like i am 5? thanks

1 Like

Copy the code to make the app and the driver. Paste it in the driver section and app section. Then run the app and see your wemos

Addendum to @jdawg comments:

• after installing both the code for the app & driver
  • install the app itself
  • then run it
  • wait, wait, wait. Sometimes it is quick, other times slow
  • until your wemo devices are found & listed
  • then select them to make them accessible

J

2 Likes

Personally I never did follow my own advice listed above...

I simply:

• added the device driver
  • created a virtual switch device
  • changed the device type from virtual to WeMo
  • Saved
  • edited the WeMo device with the appropriate MAC address

Your DHCP server should assign static IP regardless of method used.
You'll also find the MAC addresses for the devices listed in your router then; should also be on the device itself.

The Device network Id is the MAC address; looks something like this, but longer: 25G5B2

J

1 Like

What code? Where? Explain like I'm 90.

Edit: I found the app code and created the app.

I don't think I need to add drivers for the wemo smart plug?

I have done this. Selected all 3 wemo outlets I have and they still do not show in devices.

After you select them (check mark them) click next and then done. Then they show up as the name you gave them in the WeMo app.

why do some of my wemo outlets always show as offline when theyre not?

I have to agree and this "offline" status is messing up my automations. Can someone help debug this issue?

I have a rule that executes the "resubscribe" command every day at 4am. Since doing that I haven't had any disconnects.

Can you share that rule? I'm not seeing how to set it up on my end or where to grab the "resubscribe" method.

First you have to create a custom command. Go into RM and select "Create Custom Commands". For capability, you can select switch or actuator. Then in the device selection, select your Wemo. Then in the next box, select "Resubscribe. Then make sure you save it.

This command will not be available in RM under "Run Custom Commands".