WEMO Link Device

Yes indeed! It was all about resetting each bulb.

ah, I have 4 bulbs here i'd like to use.
How did you reset them ?

AS per @cybrmage

Belkin WeMo LED Bulb (F7C033)

To physically reset the Belkin WeMo bulb

1. Start with the bulb ON
  2. Turn OFF the bulb for 1 second
  3. Turn ON the bulb for 3-4 seconds
  4. Turn OFF the bulb for 1 second
  5. Turn ON the bulb for 3-4 seconds
  6. Turn OFF the bulb for 1 second
  7. Turn ON the bulb
  8. Wait until the bulb begins to blink (after about 5 seconds)

Then go into Devices => Discover Devices =>Zigbee

1 Like

Excellent, I can bin the links and re-use the bulbs now!

should these be setup as "generic zigbee bulb" or "generic CT bulb" ?
@mike.maxwell

No idea, if during pairing they advertise cluster 0300, then they should do color temperature, if not then they wont.
You won't break anything by trying the ct driver on a non ct bulb

On another note but on topic with this subject.

I'm having all kinds of problems connecting HE to Wemo with the APP and Wemo Insight plugs :frowning: Was working fine before but over time (1 year) I changed the plugs for other purposes, and unplugged some for some time. Some did not go back to online so I ran the app. Doesn't work well. Got the Wemo app to break too with infinite update. I finally cleared/cache data on the Wemo app so that seems good now. I has also updated the Wemo finder app in HE and the Wemo drivers to the latest from github. But now it won't discover any plug. Not sure if I need to delete all Wemo's from HE and start from scratch or what. :frowning:

and after seeing this message i think WEMO connect app is having issues with my old cached devices so it will not discover any new ones. Figuring out how to delete that:
app:7052019-10-28 10:25:00.054 pm infoRefreshing Wemo devices

app:7052019-10-28 10:20:00.251 pm debughandleSsdpEvent: Found cached device data for uuid:Insight-1_0-231803K12008E1::urn:Belkin:device:insight:1

app:7052019-10-28 10:20:00.244 pm debughandleSsdpEvent: Parsed discovery message: [mac:149182B51BC3, ip:C0A85633, port:c001, ssdpPath:/setup.xml, ssdpUSN:uuid:Insight-1_0-231803K12008E1::urn:Belkin:device:insight:1, ssdpTerm:urn:Belkin:device:insight:1, hub:1]

Not sure if this means deleting a WEMO device will remove it from being located in the future by the WEMO discover process in the HE app.

Still investigating...

Ok, that was quick, investigation done. Root cause unknown. Works now but not sure how I fixed it. If anybody gets this problem. delete cache/data from app and run your mobile Wemo app again. After everything looks clean, then you can run the HE Wemo discover.