Weirdness again

I thought my ERIA CT's were fine until yesterday. They started coming on by themselves at night at random times. I shut them off and they come back on as everyone is seeing. But why they suddenly started doing this is what is strange. They have been working great for months and now all of a sudden. Could there be anything in the latest upgrade to the hub that may be doing it? I am on 2.1.2.123. I know they didn't do this on the prior version. Any thoughts?

This has nothing to do with the hub in any way.
I've had a eria ct in the lab for the past few months, for the first few weeks it would come on maybe every other day, usually at night, for the past two weeks it's only done this once, and it happened when I powered up my 120 to 220 ac transformer which is on the same power strip as the bulb.

Ok, if so, just out of curiosity, what would make them start doing this all of a sudden after they have worked fine before? Just trying to figure out how they could have changed.

Have you checked for Alexa Guard to see if it is making your house look lived in? That was the issue earlier in this thread for another user. Not sure if you saw that post...

1 Like

That wouldn't be the case for me because I don't use Alexa Guard. But thanks for the reply.

I would suspect that your overall line voltage has dropped by some value vs what it was before.
We may only be talking a matter of a few volts here, however I have neither the time nor inclination to purchase a variac to determine the threshold of stupidity for these bulbs...

1 Like

Me neither, I understand. I will just have to swap them out with some sengleds. Thanks Mike.

1 Like

Good deals still available on Amazon for Prime Day on Sengled Bulbs and LED Strips... :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Sengled&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Yes, I just grabbed a few of the CT Sengleds for $13.99 ea. I have a few of these already and they have excellent brightness. They are the clear top ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Sengled-2700-6500K-Equivalent-Assistant-SmartThings/dp/B01MQVYNFL/ref=sr_1_23?keywords=Sengled&qid=1563289865&s=gateway&sr=8-23

1 Like

Hi Mike ,

The self turning on ERIA bulb is caused by a line voltage drop, the replacement you got has a higher resistance and works around this voltage drop.

If you are having the same issue you can contact the ERIA support line for a replacement.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.