Weird issues since 2.2.5 update (Zigbee)

Just disconnect the Alexa to Hue integration and use the HE to Alexa integration to share the bulbs with Alexa. Then it will be immediate.
Of course you will need to re add the Hue to the rooms in Alexa.

1 Like

I'm with you, Ken -- thanks!

1 Like

So I wanted to report back - I don't know if this had any impact on my C-5 BUT in helping another member I temporarily re-enabled Z-Wave on my C-5 and paired a Z-Stick. Noticed a left over ghost device.

Wondering what impact this would have if the Z-Wave service was disabled... probably no impact but removed it anyway, rebooted and shutdown the ZW service again....

Well, everything was running smooth on 2.2.4 and I was feeling frisky, so I went back to 2.2.5. Surely it was just a fluke, right? Nope. My Zigbee network is once again trash. Argh!

What zigbee channel are you on currently?

20 I believe.

Can you bump it up to 25 to get it out of the channel 6 wifi lobe? It'll still be in the channel 11 lobe but not nearly as bad as being bombarded by both. Don't use 26 as it's not supported on all devices and has a restricted power output. The devices should go into panic mode and swap over within about 20 minutes or so.

1 Like

Also download a wifi analyzer on your phone and see what network channels are around you. Here is Wifi Analyzer on the google play store that I use.

1 Like

Hello from the future. Curious if your zigbee network stabilized, since we're several revisions from where you had issues.

2 Likes

It seems to be a lot better. My Zigbee was using channel 11 on 2.4ghz. I have 3 access points in my house and had one on each of the 3 non-overlapping channels, 1, 6, and 11. I moved them all to 1 & 6 and left 11 open and so far, it works pretty good! Still has some sporadic issues, but nothing like before. If you have any other tips for co-existing with my 2.4ghz access points as well as other neighbors, I'm all ears! Thanks!

1 Like