Weird issues since 2.2.5 update (Zigbee)

On .131 and basically unusable. This is maddening. Hoping Hubitat chimes in. My whole smarthome has been flawless until 2.2.5. Now it’s almost useless. Argh.

I know you don't want to hear this, but my Zigbee network has been as solid as ever on 2.2.5.x .

Have you tried reverting to 2.2.4.x to see if things improve?

1 Like

Have you tried shutting down the hub, removing power for a few seconds, and then bringing it back online?

This helped me hugely when 2.2.4 was in the early buggy phase.

1 Like

Yes, a few times, including once for 20+ min in order to rebuild the Zigbee network.

Does it start working again if you revert to 2.2.4?

1 Like

My Zigbee stuff is still okay even with latest firmware update on a C-5. Just replaced 2 faulty devices - an Iris motion sensor and an Iris outlet in my garage.. They had been acting up way before even the 2.2.4 firmware updates so I know that was not the cause. Out of curiosity what does your zigbee child/route report show?

http://[your hub ip]/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

2 Likes

I can try but I’m concerned because I have changed some of my Sengled bulbs to the new advanced driver trying to see if that would help. Do I need to manually change those all back before going back to 2.2.4 or no?

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=19, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Kitchen Light 3, B84F, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Hutch Light Left, 59EF, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Backyard Light, 2777, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Master Bathroom Sink Light Jacob 2, 0A5B, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Upper Hallway Light 1, 6617, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Master Bathroom Button, 82DD, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Master Bedroom Dimmer Switch, D786, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Table Light 3, 3EDC, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Table Light 1, 3C8E, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Table Light 4, BA0D, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Master Bathroom Sink Light Lisa 2, 5CC2, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Kitchen Button, 6628, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Table Light 5, 5BF3, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Table Light 2, 69E2, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Hallway Light 2, 07E6, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Hallway Light 1, EC2A, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Hutch Light Right, 2579, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Master Bathroom Sink Light Lisa 1, 96ED, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]
child:[Upper Hallway Light 4, F8AD, type:EMBER_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Basement Hallway Routing Outlet, 0184], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Brennan’s Room Light Strip, 0720], LQI:249, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Fireplace Fan, 19BD], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Connor’s Room Christmas Lights, 1CA0], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Upper Hallway Routing Outlet, 235B], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Garage Front Routing Outlet, 635C], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Jacob’s Desk Routing Outlet, 7AB7], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Kitchen Routing Outlet, 968B], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Living Room Routing Outlet, 9869], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Garage Side Routing Outlet, CAAC], LQI:251, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Master Bedroom Heated Lotion, D13B], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Brennan’s Room Routing Outlet, D416], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Master Bedroom Routing Outlet, E1E0], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Ella’s Room Routing Outlet, ED24], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Basement Unfinished Workbench Light, F957], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Ella’s Room Routing Outlet, ED24] via [Fireplace Fan, 19BD]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Garage Light 4, 7B7A] via [Garage Front Routing Outlet, 635C]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Upper Hallway Thermostat, 421E] via [Upper Hallway Routing Outlet, 235B]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Connor’s Room Christmas Lights, 1CA0] via [Connor’s Room Christmas Lights, 1CA0]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Upper Hallway Motion Sensor, 752F] via [Upper Hallway Routing Outlet, 235B]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Bathroom Humidity Sensor, F6A3] via [Upper Hallway Routing Outlet, 235B]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Laundry Room Motion Sensor, 7951] via [Garage Side Routing Outlet, CAAC]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Basement Kitchen Stairs Motion Sensor, BD32] via [Connor’s Room Christmas Lights, 1CA0]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Garage Refrigerator, 8204] via [Garage Front Routing Outlet, 635C]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Living Room Dimmer Switch, 973C] via [Basement Unfinished Workbench Light, F957]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Addison’s Room Motion Sensor, 16E5] via [Upper Hallway Routing Outlet, 235B]

You would need to change them back to the original driver.

I suggest reverting to 2.2.4 to confirm that it really is 2.2.5 that has caused the issue - as opposed to something else that coincided with the update.

3 Likes

@jacobgraf

What are these devices?

Brennan’s Room Light Strip
Connor’s Room Christmas Lights
Basement Unfinished Workbench Light

Jepp, zigbee bulb drivers been F d up.

Sylvania Light Strip and 2 Innr Outlets.

There were no changes to the zigbee hub code in 2.2.5.
Any changes to drivers will not effect zigbee device network routing.
Having to pull batteries on zigbee devices to get them back on line is indicitave of existing routes back to the hub failing or are non existant.

2 Likes

The single most helpfull issue report to date...

12 Likes

Ok but outside of having to pull batteries on those devices. For example, I have fans with 3 bulbs in them. Since 2.2.5, a random bulb out of the 3 won’t turn on or sometimes won’t turn off. Also, if I cut power to some of my Sengled bulbs and then restore power later, the bulb comes on and then goes off immediately. If I do it again, it stays on. This behavior never happened before. Something is definitely up. No clue what though. I just noticed it all happening immediately after 2.2.5.

No known zigbee issues. C4 on 2.2.5.131. NO bulbs. No Zigbee 3.0 devices. (Jasco, Iris, Third Reality, & Ledvance, mostly)

This is why I think it would be useful if you reverted to 2.2.4 - something else could have coincided with the update. Eliminating (or implicating) 2.2.5 as the underlying cause would help fixing this.

3 Likes

The power restore section of the sengled drivers was updated in 2.2.5, we also included the 2.2.4 versions of the drivers in the latest hot fix for users wishing to have the old functionality.
The singled behaviour isn't related to the mesh issues you're having.

I agree to reverting to 2.2.4 as a test.

4 Likes

Ok just reverted back to 2.2.4.158. I'll keep you guys updated on how things are working.

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Severe hub CPU load detected