Webserver on c7 stopped responding

Have a c7 hub at a remote site. The webserver on it no longer responds to any requests. I've tried both the diagnostics page {{hubip}}:8081, and {{hubip}}/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool both do not result in any response.

Hub is still responding to pings.

I've powered cycled hub, and have including removing power for 30s before booting it back up. Any suggestion on what else I can do?

What’s the color of the hub’s LED? If it is green, can you do a network reset?

Unfortunately I can not tell what color the light is, as this is in a remote location (as in hundreds of miles away). I am able to cycle power thanks to having it powered via a Poe (with the help of a POE splitter of course). Both network and power have been cycled multiple times. Following a reboot Hubitat does request IP from DHCP server but neither webserver seems to start up.

Using nmap it appears like the webserver isn't even listening for incoming connections:

nmap -p 1-65535 -T4 -A -v $HUBITATIP
Not shown: 65529 closed tcp ports (conn-refused)
PORT      STATE    SERVICE VERSION
22/tcp    filtered ssh
925/tcp   filtered unknown
6545/tcp  filtered unknown
19957/tcp filtered unknown
46175/tcp filtered unknown
57327/tcp filtered unknown

I leave kasa wifi switches on my remote hubs for this reason. Something to look into.

Sure doesn't. What's the MAC address associated with the IP address? Can you post the first 3 octets?

34:e1:d1

Crap - I was hoping it wouldn't be that.

Unfortunately, it looks like the platform and diagnostic tool are not loading on your C-7. I cannot think of anything that will salvage the situation. You may wish to try a new power supply - but of course, you can only do that in person.

If you have an extended warranty (i.e. Hub Protect), I would recommend submitting a warranty claim at Warranty – Hubitat Support.

Filled out form 3 days ago...have yet to heard back or even get a confirmation.

pinging @bobbyD

1 Like

Just curious, what’s the problem with that? All of my hubs including my C8 start with that. Do I have a problem in my future?

Wouldn’t this serve the same purpose as power cycling PoE on the switch port the hub is connected to?

1 Like

There's no problem.

I was hoping the MAC address would not match the range assigned to Hubitat, indicating that there was another device that has assumed the IP previously assigned to the OP's Hubitat's hub.

4 Likes

Yes it would, if your switch supports power cycling remotely. Some consumer grade switches don't. (mine does)

Just a warning for the less technical folks, hubitat does not support and recommends NOT plugging in hubitat to poe. If you go the PoE route you do need a splitter, which will convert the poe to 5v (usb) that the hubitat can use.

2 Likes

5-6 days later (today) I finally got an email (not from any human as far as I can tell) acknowledging receipt of my warranty claim. This is frustrating to say the least.

Claim made: Jan 10, 2024, 10:40 AM EST
First email response: Jan 15, 2024, 11:50 AM EST

Edit: added times

Update:

A human finally responded today (Jan 17). But at this point I've already ordered a replacement. So yeah...I guess if you have protect plan don't expect a new hub for week(s)? I would just plan on purchasing your own replacements if you have the protect plan.

Would be curious if others have had better experience. Maybe I am just unlucky.

I agree that that seems unduly slow for a warranty claim.

I've had to do one warranty claim (before hub protect was a thing) in the past and it was much much faster than that.

That said, I do have a new in the box C8 for my emergency spare, even though I do have hub protect. But I'm a weirdo.

1 Like

This does seem to be the right play. Though it does seem just a little wasteful. But one is none after all...

It is definitely a wasteful luxury, I can't argue against that at all.

I rationalized it based on the amount I rely on my home automation system and the annoyance factor when it is unavailable. But the cost to benefit ratio on that varies person to person.

1 Like