webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

webCoRE|Setttings|Logging (you’ll need to scroll down under the Security and Endpoints sections)

1 Like

I don't see any options to turn on Debug mode. Have webCoRE running locally.
This is all I see in the logging section

No Debug mode in the Logging levels.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Hmmmm, forgot they were labeled Minimal, Medium, and Full. Looks like Full gives you the option of Dump Dashboard Cache which midway through has the Global Variables in it, don’t see one for just the global variables though.

As you can see I've set it to full. Hmmm, but where can I find the global variable logs now?

Have the feeling I miss something

I found the Global Variables in the Dashboard Cache dump - didn’t see a separate variable dump, but may not have used the variables in a piston lately either.

Hi @nh.schottfam ;

After the last update I am seeing some awkward behavior in some pistons. Simple pistons like "if this switch turn on then you turn that ZigBee light on - if you turn it off then you turn that light off "

And that is happening for many pistons. So when I go there and enable the full log to see what is happening, it just start working again. Is like turning on the full log is "fixing" the piston behavior. I saw this happening at least on 5 to 6 pistons so far.

Opinions?

Full logs does not change operation but can change timing.

I have found it is possible to issue commands too fast. You can try enabling command execution delay in the piston to see if this is the case. can try 50, 100 or 150 ms.

I have been seeing things like this also, been rebooting as a temp fix. In my case adding delays in pistons would take forever since I have quite a few.

I would suggest try one or two pistons and see if it matters

Ced is a piston setting so it is not a piston coding change

1 Like

Where can I activate it?

Edit a piston

Make sure you can see settings (or enable under options):

go to settings at top

Hit settings gear

Fill in command execute delay to 50 or 100 ms.

Save piston

@nh.schottfam, Having an issue with LTS.

I saw this before, but it was with the last version before your released. After I updated it went away so I didn't report, but now I am seeing it again.

I just added a new sensor to LTS. See screenshot 1. In screenshot 2 it shows a added sensor but does not list the name. It is a virtual omni sensor.

the other had no delay set, so I put 100ms. However, one that was giving me issues had alreadya 500ms delay set and was fixed with the "log full". I increased to 600ms for this one. let me see what happens.

As far as I can tell, the command execution delay is broken. This is from looking at the timestamps in the log. With an execution delay set in the piston settings, there is no additional delay between command timestamps and there is no log entry for a delayed execution (there used to be)

Commands are things sent to devices. none of those are device commands.

ahhh yes, that makes sense. I just randomly picked a piston to test :blush:

Webcore design question...

I have a mailbox with a switch on it and I want to sense the difference between it being opened and closed (being filled) and when I take out mail and I depress the switch multiple times before closing the mb door (to signify emptying)

I get confused on how webcore works when it comes to delays and waits...
what I want to do is

on open transition, start a 10 second timer
in parallel with that, count++ on each close transition of the switch
at the conclusion of 10 sec timer,
if count=1, i know it was a fill
if count > 1, I know I emptied
set count back to 0

i'm just not sure how timers and stuff in parallel works...
any suggestions would be appreciated!
thanks
Tim

Hm. I got to thinking about this and started by using boolean variables instead of a counter, but then I decided to simplify and just use a timestamp. If the door opens, mailWaiting changes to true. If it opens twice in 10 seconds, it gets reset and changes to false. So check your mail, then open the door twice to reset it. You can change the delay to 30 seconds (30000 ms) if 10 seconds is too short to grab those stupid carpet cleaning postcards than end up on the bottom.

If you want to use this for a notification, you'll probably have to use IF mailWaiting is now and stays true in the last 1 minute then send notification to avoid any false notifications when you're just trying to check the mail and reset it.

I checked community.webcore.co for a mailbox piston, but didn't like any of those. lol

wow, I love this forum.... THAT is really simple. Thanks for taking the time to come up with a solution
so in the case of emptying, mailwaiting will go TRUE for a short period then on the next switch press, it will go FALSE.. I assume thats why you have do add the logic that it stay true for a minute ....is that part, another IF statement in the same piston?
Thanks again for spending time thinking about this...
I'm still curious regarding implementation of starting a timer and in parallel counting closes.... just so i understand better how webcore works.
Can't thank you enough and I will try this implementation tonight!

Yeah, it will go true when you close it, but it should already be true from the mail delivery person closing it. (You planted the seed in my brain to count closes, so I used changes to closed as the trigger, but you can also trigger it with an open.)

There really isn't a timer the way you're thinking of it (at least not that I know of), but I do use is now and stays as a trigger in my pistons a lot, especially after setting a boolean. That trigger will only run after a certain time, though, not before. The only way I know of to measure if something is within a certain time is to take a timestamp then subtract it from $now the next time it gets triggered. You could count opens/closes and take a timestamp at the same time. IF door opens, set variable count=count+1. IF count rises above 1 AND $now minus timestamp is less than 10000, then do something and reset count to 0. Might take some playing around to get it all to reset right.

1 Like