webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

You can go into HPM and do a repair of webCoRE which will load all the files again.

EDIT: Mine auto updated as well using HPM and all was OK with me.
Doesn't help you I know, but just passing on the info.

Without knowing hub fw version, and how many apps, it is hard to say what is up.

I find after compiling updating a bunch of programs, I do a reboot 10-15 mins later.

I'm not sure if your issue was order, or something else.

I'm part of beta testing new HE firmware, and I have been working thru some issues due to beta bugs.

Tried that and it didn't help. On my hub at least it seems that if I don't upgrade in the right order (piston first) it kills it. Package manager seems to always update the other way around, piston last.

From the past logs, here is my webCoRE update using HPM auto update.

If it helps :slight_smile:
Hub Version - C7
HE Firmware Version - 2.2.3.119

Installed Apps:
Amazon Echo Skill
Device Monitor
Echo Speaks
Hub Watchdog
HubConnect Netatmo Client
Hubitat Package Manager
Hubitat® Dashboard
Hub Watchdog
Hue Bridge Integration
IFTTT Integration
Maker API
Notifications
Package Explorer
SharpTools
Tado (Connect)
Unofficial Ring Connect
webCoRE
YaleApp

Can't access my previous logs as I had to restore which seems to have wiped them. However it looks like yours too was updated in the wrong order. Just that it didn't have the same adverse affect on your hub as it does on mine.
But when I manually started the package manager update I did notice it updating the piston second (last). I tried this twice or maybe three times today and each time resulted in a total webcore failure. Tried leaving it for a while to see if it settles and rebooting but nothing helps. Just the manual update which does work except for package manager doesn't realise that it's up to date. So until I find a way to tell package manger it's already up to date I'm leaving it disabled.

You could try going into HPM and use 'Match Up'. I believe this may sync things up for you.

Yup tried that too but it still thinks webcore is out of date.

That's my knowledge/ideas used up.................... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well thanks all for trying. At least it's all running for now. :smile:

@nh.schottfam I have a question. I have two hubs and I initially had webcore on both. I removed webcore from the second hub. Removed all pistons then used the uninstall webcore from with the webcore app. Had updated it a couple times with HPM before removing.

Today I got the notice on the both hubs there was a update in HPM for webcore. I looked and the webcore code was still on my second hub. So I deleted it in the apps code section, webcore and pistons, and it still showed an update. I rebooted hub. Still showed an update available for webcore. I then used the uninstall package in HPM and verified after completion there is no webcore code in Apps code or driver code. It still shows there is an update available for webcore, this is probably a HPM issue. This is the first app I ever removed that I was updating with HPM. @dman2306

[edit]OK just went back to my hub and it showed an update was available. When I went in and checked for updates it then said all packages were up to date and the update notice went away. I guess the uninstall in HPM fixed it. Before that when I clicked update it would still show a webcore update available.

Correct, HPM has no knowledge of when you remove stuff outside of HPM. If HPM is managing a package then you should never uninstall it manually. That will only cause issues like those you experienced.

2 Likes

I have found (in general) if hpm gets out of 'state' with my systems (doing thing out of HPM), then I uninstall HPM, they re-install (just delete smart app, then recreate under HE-> apps), then I can just match again and get things in sync.

I use HPM, and I have not seen the issues folks describe - I'll keep watching for it.

I agree it would be nice if HPM allowed you on updates to again say 'just assume what I have is up. to date' like it does for match.

Thanks. Have now followed your advice and removed/reinstalled HPM. I've also made sure not to set automatic updates. Now I can manage updates and make sure to backup prior to any.

where can i see what changes there is? i can see from packet manager that an update is available from 1.0.11 to 1.0.12 - i am not experiencing any problems with the current webcore version

It would be good to post your piston you are having trouble with. (or private message if you don't want it public).

HE has limitation of data into HE public APIs of 128KB - headers.

I have several production and test pistons that do GET, so I know in general it works, that is not to say that there might not be a bug...

All the changes are in GitHub (ie you can see diffs). None of are 'critical' in this latest release, it is further cleanups and optimizations. JVM optimizations, code reduction (loop invariant removal), etc, removal of state/atomicState accesses.

Turns out to be a mistake in a global var on my part, sorry for the confusion, the get request works as it should now :slight_smile:

Hi, I'm still having an issue with my piston not working anymore after a few days with the note" piston does not subscribe to any events. I did make sure Webcore is updated, I even recreated the piston just to make sure everything was correct. Any ideas what I check next to see whats happening?

Logs would be good, both from the piston (full logs), and from HE console.

Likely a private message if there are things you don't want out in public

Also, you can see the piston subscriptions in the HE console
(HE console -> apps - select the 'gear' icon next to the piston in question, then you see all the piston settings, subscriptions, etc.)