webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

I run webCoRE for 98% of all automatons. I am curious, does your automatons make heavy use of variables? For me I make http get calls to a LAN server running a weather station and populate about dozen variables, mostly numbers but some string. I also make a fair amount of math calculations with variables too,

I have rule machine loaded but not using it for anything. (Just uninstalled it yesterday as a test) The only other native app is for running the dashboard. All other native apps have been uninstalled or disabled.

I must reboot my hub every three days otherwise it noticeably starts slowing down on day four and slows to a crawl on day six.

The hub slowdowns are happening to a lot of people including those that have never installed webCoRE so I know it isn't the cause, but I am hypothesizing that maybe it is the repeated use of variable space that is filling up memory and gets purged when a reboot occurs. In other words, is it a problem in the groovy language itself that is the root cause.

Remove rule machine and dashboard all together.

Iā€™d be interested to see your results.

If all is good, install dashboard and test. Then move on to rule machine.

I register a browser ( Chrome, or IE ), and I got these Error :

I can create a new piston, editing ... all piston ran good. When done, I log out, then log in , still get the Error.
How to fix the Error " ... invalid token " ?
( v0.3..1009 HE: ...20200210_HE )
Thanks.

in your webcore dashboard, you want to logout.

In your HE console -> apps -> webcore -> settings -> security -> "Clear all security Tokens"

and "done", or "next" your way out.

You can clear the cache of your browser, and the go back into the webcore Dashboard.

Personally I think it's global variables, RM4.0 or webCoRE, that causes issues.
I'm pretty sure there something about this on ST when I was using the ST hub but it was so long ago I cannot remember.

Thanks. On this HE hub, no RM, no global variables. Only webCoRE and Hue integration apps, HubConnect .

I've just loaded the latest update, 2.2.0.129, and webCoRE is now trashed for me on both my hubs.
A restore to the previous backup is still failing. Will try the old firmware.
Thought I'd let you all now in case you experience the same.

Reverted to 2.2.0.128 and webCoRE is now working again. Oh dear!!!!!!

That's good to know, I was just about to do the firmware update

Hmmm well that puts me off that version somewhat :open_mouth:

CONFIRMED! 2.2.0.129 breaks webCoRE
When bringing up the webCoRE app through the IDE returns Unexpected error.
Logs show nothing about the problem.

If anyone sees more logs, would be interested. I have not moved my hubs to .129 yet, but any logging might help understand what the issue is.

On the IDE unexpected error - is that the HE console -> Apps -> webCoRE ? or is it the webCoRE console?

Yes.
HE APPS webCoRE
Nothing was reported in the log.

When trying to load pistons through the webCoRE portal it reports that it is unable to load and when trying to edit a piston it just sits and spins.

Reverting back to 2.2.0.128 fixes the problem

@nh.schottfam
Also, when on .129, if you try and update the webCoRE app by doing an import of the code, when you save it gives this.
Again in the logs, no errors.

PS I have one hub at the latest build and one at the old build so can do any testing if you need it.

thx for the data...not giving much to go on.

@chuck.schwer any thoughts on what changed?

Seems a little odd that there aren't even release notes or an announcement posted for 2.2.0.129. Think I'll stay on .128 until we hear something. :thinking:

[EDIT: The notes linked to below were not there when I posted this. :stuck_out_tongue: But .130 is out now with a fix, so yay!]

2 Likes

We will be releasing another hot fix to correct this problem.

1 Like

This problem has been fixed in Release 2.2.0.130.

5 Likes

All fixed.
Thanks Bruce for great service once again. :+1: