webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

I'm not aware of any need to move to local html/css files at this time

Great! Thank you for the quick response.

I have lost webcore completely on all browsers and cannot log in anymore on any browsers or computers

Seems to be working fine for me. Both on dashboard.webcore.co & staging.webcore.co

Just got everything back, somehow it refused my stored passwords but reverted to my original password from years ago??????????????????

See:

1 Like

I'm not touching it again unless its the very last resort

What do you mean with "breaking my local webCoRE backups into sections for them to complete? I never had to break or split any webCoRE backups into different sections?

@nh.schottfam
Hi, I'd like to ask you to check the bellow piston that was working years without any issues but after the last webcore update it stop working. Seems to be some issue comparing strings.
Thanks in Advance

Total newbie question: Does webCoRE require an internet connection or a logon to a website? It seems that is does but I'm not sure, and if it does I can't figure out how to logon.

My interest in this is ONLY to get graphs - ie visualizations of my data. I built some graphs in Hubigraph but was advised on another thread to limit my time investment both because of my concern that Hubigraph is no longer supported, and because the poster was directing me toward this webCoRE solution.

I read in the directions to this webCoRE update:
" New experimental feature is ability to do graphs (a la hubigraphs) for both devices and fuel streams.

-has ability to create long term storage for device/attribute data
- - if you have existing hubigraph LTS files, you can create a new long term storage in webcore for the same device / attribute, then you can place the existing data from the hubigraph file into the new file created by webcore for that LTS, and webcore can automatically read the old data and put it into the new more efficient format."

1. I have no idea if I have existing Hubigraph LTS files. Where would I find those? I have Hubitat tiles that are devices in the Devices section and that I can pull into dashboards.
  2. Assuming I want to start building a graph from scratch in webCore, what is the step by step process? I tried and got nothing so am asking this question. I am willing to try again and document each step so someone can tell me where I went wrong, if that is an easier method.
  3. PS: What is a fuel stream in relation to my Hubitat device? Do I need to Google did not help except for this: Looking for Explanation of Fuel Streams - Piston: Design Help - webCoRE Community Forum In Webcore (installed via HPM), when I click graphs, after a few screens, under "Data Source Selection" I get "No Fuel Streams found" Is this a problem? I've been selecting the sensor, selecting its attribues, but eventually I get an error.

webCoRE uses the internet for the IDE web and CSS files.

This is explained in

Which will point you back to notes 1 and 2 of this thread.

You can host the IDE files locally if you wish. That is also explained in the above information

On graphs and fuel streams:

• LTS in Hubigraph meant Long Term Storage. Depending on the graph you are using, if you only rely on data in the HE DB for you graph, HE trims the DB regularly to improve performance and reduce resource consumption

• this of course can trim data in your graph which you may not like/want.
  • LTS is the ability to have the data stored longer in files.

• Webcore has a form of LTS (more cpu and storage space efficient), Folks that were using Hubigraphs with LTS may want to keep their historic data. webCoRE can read the old format and will update it to the new smaller format

• this means create the new LTS in webcore; then manually 1 time put the data from your old hubigraph LTS into the new webcore LTS file. (this is download your old file and new webcore file, edit/merge, and upload to the new webcore file your merged changes.
  • Fuel streams are a way webcore pistons can create custom data sets. Hubigraphs allows you to use existing device data (and perhaps keep longer durations with LTS). It has some quantization capabilities, but that was kinda a mess in that some quant functions need complete data sets for a duration to accurate quantize. You were also limited in types of quantization.

• quantization is now part of the graph processing, so you can use the same input data (device, LTS, or fuel stream) and then apply quantization as wanted on each graph (so you no longer have to create a bunch of different LTS with different quantizations as hubigraphs did)
  • a fuel stream allows piston to create any data set it wants, and the graphing can use either device data or a fuel stream as input for the graph (or both depending on graph). In short now you can have graphs of custom data (vs. only device data).

• you don't have to use fuel streams for graph data, only if you need to.

As to using graphs

• install webcore (HPM is easiest)
    • then go into the webcore app, and scroll down to 'graphs', you can then create one time an LTS process if you want to use LTS

• you can customize the LTS for what devices you want it to create longer storage.
    • then go back into webcore -> graphs and you can start creating graphs

3 Likes

There is a new fix posted today for some expression handling issues reported. These should be fixed now.

Also the new release updates the webcore storage module, which I forgot to push when releasing graphs.

Nice screenshots but what were you trying to do when you got them?
Is this the first time you are trying to use fuel streams?
Have you enabled OAuth for fuel streams?
Not really much information for peeps to go on. :wink:

Sorry, I was just jumping in attempting to follow the quick step by step, couple of posts above.

I haven't done anything with fuel streams, but if love to be able to see temp against time within sharptools.

Don't know if that's possible.

On the error, I would HPM repair, and then check that webcore fuel stream app is installed:

(HE console -> apps code)

you might also try a polite reboot of your hub.

1 Like

Thanks, I was missing the fuel stream app.

If someone could point me towards a guide to create a simple view of temperature against time, that would be ace.

Cheers!

Don't know if there is a guide but if you create a time graph, it is pretty straight forward. Just select the temp sensor you want to plot, and if you leave everything else as default it will create a plot of temp over time.

You can then go back and start changing options.

1 Like

So in the latest webCoRE there is a report for in use global variables.

How it works

• as pistons run they update a list of global variables they use

• to see this report, you need on the main webCoRE application to have FULL logging enabled on the main webcore process, then you will see an option to dump global variables in use (HE console -> apps -> webcore (main) -> Settings)

What if you don't see a piston listed that is using a global variable?

• this means the piston has not run or not has not accessed the variable since the hub has been booted.
    • typically pause/resume or test run the piston should show it.

• it is possible if the piston only accesses the variable in limited cases (ie use is limited to a specific if clause), it may not show. ie the report entry is added when a piston accesses a global variable.

The list is reset each time the hub is rebooted, and populates as pistons run and access global variables.

• paused pistons will not add to the list until they run and access the global variables
4 Likes

Hi @nh.schottfam,

It probably will look bad but ...

Where can I enable the debug?

Sorry ... :upside_down_face: