webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Having trouble writing text files to the hub with special characters. I am writing song artist - title to a file and get this :

Queensr�che - Silent Lucidity.mp3

and not this:

Queensrÿche - Silent Lucidity.mp3

1 Like

Pushed a fix for this.

5 Likes

Hi, I'm always having same issue after I update webcore. Some of the pistons do not work. For example pistons with timers never run after update. I need to edit piston.. do absolutely no chages to it and save. After that pistons work normally. Is there something that should be done every time after update just to make sure that pistons works normally?

Hi,
When trying to duplicate a piston, the new one is blank. Nothing being copied.

Does pause/resume work for these? (edit does the same thing)

Hmm, I just ran a test...works fine.

Did you follow:

At some point I probably have tested this and then realized it did not help but can't be sure. I'm testing this next time problem occurs(next update).

I'm seeing the same thing. Ever since the update I'm getting one or more of these errors on almost every piston. I've reviews the piston and settings and can't figure out which device(s) its referring to. All the necessary devices seem to be enabled

[error](http://192.168.1.3/installedapp/configure/1187) ║ Device (:08af3732da09cd7937a87d3d92fd91f1:) was not found.

Set global variable fails after most recent update.

Do an HPM repair and see if this is resolved

Update release - Bug fixes:

• HE global set not working properly

• If location events were enabled for piston execution, some notifications generated device not found error

5 Likes

Yep. Resolved. Thanks.

Hi @nh.schottfam
Due to the recent changes that have been made I have noticed that some pistons are now displaying a warning message.

The pistons are still running OK but I've re-written them anyway to clear the warning. Just in case. :wink:
This has got me thinking. :thinking:
Would it be at all possible to have some sort of warning flag appear along side the rule to indicate that there is an issue and the piston should be checked.

It doesn't matter if this is not possible but it was just a thought.
Keep up the good work and thanks so much for taking this on.

Interesting thought.

Not all of these warnings are 'errors'; depending on the overall structure of the piston is possible the event tracking is done above where the error occurs....the analysis cannot pick this out.

An option to show these is interesting. @ipaterson would have to give his thoughts.

The challenge is the analysis is done when loading the piston (ie opening it), and not when the dashboard is opening...so there is 'who knows what, and when' issue.

1 Like

I too have been rewiting some pistons to avoid the warning.
For instance you always get them when there is a restriction in place so I have been trying to capture the event value as a var and then test for a condition.

On another note,
Since upgrading to the latest version I get an error now in the built-in driver for my light piston. I haven't changed it so I must have had a pre-existing problem and now WC is passing it on to the driver?

app:762022-04-05 07:46:04.993 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: null on line 10840 (method deviceHandler)

if app:76 is webCoRE then the NPE is a webCoRE error, if it isn't...

App76 is WC. I have a PM with nh looking at this ATM.

1 Like

Is anyone running the new WebCoRE version on a C-3 or C-4 seeing signficantly decreased hub uptime? I'm wondering if there is someting related to the new firmware that is not playing well with older hubs.

Before updating my C-3 to 2.3.1.134 (and updating WebCoRE) a few days ago, it would typically run for at least 3 days before free memory declined and slowdows became evident <505K was my trip point .

What I'm seeing now is that the hub can't run for 24 hours before problems begin (high CPU load accompanied by Zigbee off/on cycling). When they do, free memory is still indicated above 600K. (with the new firmware, shortly after reboot my C-3 now shows 849K free memory, much higher than the 599K it previously indicated with older firmware).

I had my first overnight hub hang in (literally) years; the logs showed numerous Maker API "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace (listDevices)" errors when things went south. That day I had done several WebCoRE and other app updates so I attributed that to overtaxing the C-3; I have not seen the metaspace error since). I do understand that the C-3/C-4 have constraints in this area; in fact I can only update WebCoRE piston if the hub has been recently rebooted, otherwise a new groovy file cannot be saved.

But aside from that issue, within a day or so after rebooting I'm seeing 'Severe load' indicated (CPU load goes from roughly 11 to 80%; this is when Zigbee radio cycling begins). Free memory still well above 600K when this happens (and much higher than my previous 505K reboot threshold).

Rebooting of course gets everything running fast again. In fact according to Hub Watchdog, minimum virtual switch delay is the shortest I've ever measured-- .019, down from an already fast .022.

It's unfortuate that I changed firmware and WebCoRE versions at the same time; I wonder if the older WebCoRE version might be less taxing on the C-3 with the newest firmware.

I suggest you have Hubitat support look at your system (the engineering logs).

I have a C4, and have not seen that - I've only seen the more memory free.

It does like something is running a lot (would not be webcore, as it would print out messages it is stopping long running events if it were). This heats up the C4, and then things start going badly with the heat.

@gopher.ny may want a PM of your hub ID so he can look.

2 Likes