webCoRE built-in on Hubitat - Do I need to transition and how?

@user1974 .... Outstanding information. I wonder if we could ask the Programmer of HPM to update the code an allow something like 600 seconds? This does not matter to me anymore as I have made the switch to the Built In Code.

But it could save some headaches for others.

@csteele
Would it be possible to extend the time-out on HPM from 300 to 500-600 seconds? See the last two posts above this one.

Thanks,

John

Yes, it just doesn't 'take' :slight_smile:

@nh.schottfam and I both tried this and got a timeout at 300 seconds. Seems the platform limits the value.

1 Like

i have attempted to alter the timeouts, at first the one seen in the update() to 500 seconds. it did not help. then I altered all of the timeouts (maybe 6 or more) to 500 seconds and had similar WebCore update results (fatal error). a direct update (copy and paste files from github) was able to save the updated files on all 4 of my hubs. one must update all of them (webCore, Piston, Storage etc) or webCore pistons will issue a warning that the child and parent app are of different versions. To me, as i can update and save the github files directly implies that it may not be an obvious platform timeout issue but a package manager issue. i am sure they will resolve this but for now there is a way to accomplish the updates.

Time it out, from when you begin manually importing "webcore_piston.groovy" to after it finishes saving. The first time (no pre-existing code) is faster than an update. I'm not a WebCoRE user but I added it via HPM once and it worked. It was the Update that took too long and failed. I guess deleting 14,000 lines isn't quick :slight_smile:

The point is, the platform works fine for the target audience: humans, and the automated function via HPM is stuck with the timeouts allowed. I have not heard back about an increase in the Platform's limit.

Thanks for that, Understood, good explanation. That explains why adding time to the existing HPM timeouts provided no remedy to the fatal error.

@csteele or @user1974

Apologies for being uneducated on this. What is meant by “the platform limit”? Is this a Hubitat restriction on an app automated update? Does Hubitat have any limits for the manual method of replacing the code and saving? Or, is the limit related to Groovy apps?

One last question….. to whom should I address a request for a change?

Thanks in advance!

Believe it may be more of a transaction time limit which would have system wide implications. As for your second question, it is being looked at.

Theres an HPM update, that’s changed the timeout to 7 mins, however WC will still not upgrade for me having upgraded HPM & rebooting.

1 Like