WeatherFlow - any developers working on integration?

+1 here as well, but will try the rpi and WeeWX option this weekend.

Until Hubitat supports continuously listening on a UDP port, an integration probably won't happen.

For now just use Node-Red, WeeWX, etc. I just use Node-Red and puke everything from Weatherflow into MQTT. Then I can use it anywhere MQTT is supported.

Until Hubitat's MQTT support is non-alpha/beta, I am pushing the values I need from Weatherflow/Node-Red to Hubitat via MakerAPI. I'll swap that over to MQTT as soon as it is stable, though.

Just another (newbie) interested person needing/looking for a WeatherFlow driver(?) to incorporate all the features from the SmartStation. Trying to get away from iFTTT.

Same answer as the last post. Until Hubitat supports listening for UDP messages, or someone does it that harder way and makes a Hubitat app/driver that implements the weatherflow API, not likely to happen.

I just can't see someone taking the time to do it the longer API way when it is so easy to do in Node-Red or to bring Weatherflow into WeeWX and integrate that into Hubitat.

It is super easy to listen for the weatherflow UDP messages in node.js or Node-Red, though, and push the values you want to Hubitat via Maker API. That's how I've been doing it for months.

1 Like

Are you running Node-Red on a pi then importing it, or how exactly are you doing it?

Talking to me? If so, I have node-red on the same network as my weatherflow. Node-red listens on the UDP port for the messages and then I parse the messages and dump the ones I want to MQTT and Hubitat.

There is now a specific topic for the WeatherFlow API driver I have just published the first version of. So if anyone wants to get a development API Key from WeatherFlow (hint: Google "WeatherFlow development API Key") you can check it out.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks @snell, I'll check it out now.

I have just posted version 0.02. I found a problem with how I was naming child devices. It was more problematic with my AmbientEcowittWeather driver, but I decided to make sure they were both fixed.

A new version of the WeatherSensorChild driver was also posted.