Weather/Temp from online source

With the old code, polling was done every 5 minutes and I could see Lux, SolarRadiation, Humidity etc. updating every 5 minutes.
When I loaded your code there was no polling every 5 minutes.
I filled in all the configurable fields. Polling was already populated with 5 so I left it alone.

I don't know what to say? It is working for me. Did you fill in the appropriate 'preferences' in the driver?

Yep. All filled in.
Will give it another try.

EDIT: Well I re-installed and now its working. Not sure what happened but as long as its working, thatā€™s all that matters.
I like the extra features by the way. Nice one.

Made a minor update to my version of the driver. For the three capabilities I added, I had to change to lower-case the attribute title (they were all in Title-Case). I added those capabilities so I could use them in HousePanel, but HousePanel did not pull in the values until I changed them to lower-case.

Just an update on the problem I saw yesterday when there was no polling.
It looks like it occasionally does not poll. It misses the 5 minute poll.
As you can see from the events for the device below, there was no poll at 1:55pm.

@bobbles
@Matthew

Guys
I've posted a new driver which includes all the correct attributes for use with dashboards if you want to try that
I have also added a 'Weather Summary' which I hope to use later in WS

Thanks @Cobra. I added in lowercase illuminance and humidity in my version. I need those in lowercase for Housepanel. No other changes. Great work!

UPDATE: @Cobra has incorporated my small change into his driver. No need for my version now. Please just use his. Thanks @Cobra!

1 Like

@Matthew
The illuminence and humidity should have been there already!
They are sent by the ā€˜capabilitiesā€™ and should already be in the lowercase format
Did I miss the ā€˜sendEventsā€™ for these?

Where did you add your code?

Andy

Hmm... seems it was working for me

Have a look at the screenshot in this post (at the bottom)

Hiā€¦
just spotted illuminence wasnā€™t there in the screen shotā€¦ I will update my code

Andy

I did miss lowercase humidity (it was there in your code). However, the sendEvent for lowercase illuminance is not. If you want to add that, I have no other changes. Thanks! Appreciate your work.

@Matthew
I have added the sendEvent for illuminence and added a lowercase ā€˜cityā€™ which someone else asked me about.

Now version: 1.7.2

Andy

Excellent. Thank you. No need for my version now.

1 Like

FYI
Just uploaded version 1.8.0

Andy

1 Like

Is anybody else finding that the data is not being updated every 5 minutes. Mine is occasionally missing an update.

I use 10 minutes and I have not noticed it missing any updates.

I have left it the default of 5. May extend and see what happens.

Guys
I have just uploaded Version: 1.9.0
This has a couple of bug fixes and now has a couple of new attributes ā€˜Chance of Rainā€™ & ā€˜percentPrecipā€™

Andy

1 Like

I was not getting the Humidity (either upper or lower case) values to show in several dashboards (HousePanel and SmartTiles). Those dashboards show the humidity value as ā€˜null.ā€™ In looking at examples that did work, it appeared that the humidity being reported by the driver was just the number and did not include the ā€˜%ā€™ symbol. I altered the driver on lines 163 and 212 to the following:

sendEvent(name: "humidity", value: resp1.data.current_observation.relative_humidity.replaceFirst("%", "")) //, unit: "%")

That just removes the ā€œ%ā€ symbol that is included in WeatherUndergroundā€™s relative_humidity attribute. With that change my dashboards now are showing the humidity correctly.

I donā€™t know if this is unique to my use case or if it should be changed for otherā€™s general use, but thought I would report on what I found.

Thanks.

@Matthew
Were you gettin a double % sign? (e.g. 60%%) or was it just not showing at all

Andy