WaterCop Z-Wave water valve not working correctly

@ritchierich, my valves been working flawlessly since firmware .113. Been closing and opening almost daily for 2 weeks without issue. Are you still having issue?

I created the rule (shown above) to automatically power cycle the water cop on each restart. Since that has been in place I haven't had any issues.

bringing a dead post back to life. I finally see the error in the log when the valve is unresponsive until you press the physical mode button on the valve or power cycle to bring it back online.

here is the error when it's unresponsive.

dev:6322019-02-03 02:18:12.909 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: genericZWaveValve.healthPoll() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (healthPoll)

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

when you press the mode button. The valve sends a status back to the log and start working again. @mike.maxwell?

This is using the generic z-wave valve driver.

That error is unrelated to the problem. At one point you must have tried a different driver that scheduled a method called healthPoll to execute at regular intervals, but since the built-in driver doesn't have that custom method it throws an exception.

The error isn't hurting anything, but if you want to get rid of it you'll have to remove the device and join it again.

Regularly opening/closing the device, like others are doing, should prevent it from dropping offline.

Thanks for the reply. That's the weird thing about it. I did not change the driver to the valve and there's no refresh or poll button to the HE driver for me to create this fault either. I have 2 valve and the prevent this issue. I have a smart plug power cycle the valve nightly.

@Navat604 do you like the Watercop Z-wave water value? I brought two of them and have not use them as of yet? Just curious as to whether they are reliable? Thanks

They are reliable only if you cycle power to the valve or operate the valve once every 2 days. I have it hookup to a Zigbee switch and auto power cycle once a night at 2am.
I have 2 valves as well but only one hooking up to the water line. The other one sitting on my "to do" box.
I like the valve and it's working great so with HSM.

Thanks for the feed back sound like there is an issue if you don't recycle it.

I'll jump in here just to add another data point ...

I have three WaterCops and they all work great ... never needed to power cycle any of them, but I do open/close the valves (via Hubitat) about once a month or two just for the heck of it --- I'm easily amused by their operation, LOL.

I also have a very strong Z-Wave mesh, so I'm pretty sure that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the info as I haven't try them yet but brought them awhile, but now I getting motivated to get them up and running at the time that I brought they were pretty reasonable and I thought maybe something was wrong with them. Thank you all for the info I guess the Z-Wave mesh is the answer stronger the mesh better the equipment works.

1 Like

I have the same issue, and in my case even the front panel buttons stop responding until I power cycle... I emailed to the WaterCop company, and they indicated that my unit from Smartest House was part of old AT&T smarthome overstock, and that the board / firmware has known issues. They want $130 for a new front panel board, when I didn't even pay that much for the unit to begin with (though I sure invested a bit in obtaining the proper valve size for my pipe, and having a plumber come install it).

I really like the device, it's well made and the valve itself seems very robust, but I'm not happy with the electronics....

I don’t power cycle mine on a regular basis but I do cycle the power when my HE Hub restarts. That keeps mine connected. But this said my hub is right above the valve in a closet above crawl space.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.